Minelab updates CTX battery seal!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't seen the official notice, it is here: CTX 3030 Mechanical Design Improvements | Minelab News Apparently, even their service center at Kellyco wasn't aware and are checking into the details.

CTX 3030 sand seal.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't seen the official notice, it is here: CTX 3030 Mechanical Design Improvements | Minelab News Apparently, even their service center at Kellyco wasn't aware and are checking into the details.

View attachment 1256980

Service Center was aware they were coming out with a new seal fix which is a kit including battery, they were not aware Minelab had released the product notice telling the public. They do not have any in stock as of yet, they are still waiting for the parts which are shipped from Australia, no prices are known yet either, only estimated prices....

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Service Center was aware they were coming out with a new seal fix which is a kit including battery, they were not aware Minelab had released the product notice telling the public. They do not have any in stock as of yet, they are still waiting for the parts which are shipped from Australia, no prices are known yet either, only estimated prices....

Thats a shame since they are selling upgraded detectors already. I can't tell from the pic they released exactly what they changed on the battery pod. The new o-ring is a different color, but I dont think the seal itself is changed since the battery is the change.

OH well, one more thing to sit around and wait for this winter.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a shame since they are selling upgraded detectors already. I can't tell from the pic they released exactly what they changed on the battery pod. The new o-ring is a different color, but I dont think the seal itself is changed since the battery is the change.

OH well, one more thing to sit around and wait for this winter.
The channel the seal sits in is deeper so the lip of the battery must be deeper as well...

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you're saying there is a change to the body and not just the battery?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so you're saying there is a change to the body and not just the battery?
Yes, my understanding is that part of the kit that the seal comes with is a new rear panel that the battery sits in and has the battery contacts.......

The repair center hasn't received the battery kits so I am only going of what I have heard from techs there...

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us updated when they do get them in.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us updated when they do get them in.

Will do, I am in contact with them every day since I retired.. Two of the techs are hunting partners....

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note - what I understand about this is that there will be parts available if anyone wants to update their machine.... I've seen a price but am not sure if I can say it just yet. I do know that we can't get them just yet... will advise when we have them.

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with Mark at KellyCo (nice Guy). He told me that they would have to install the update's or it would void any remaining warranty
left on your CTX.

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I ordered a new unit with the updates, will arrive on Friday.

Maybe I post some pics with better detail?

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word I got today about the updated parts for those who wish to change them on their 3030s is we will not have them in hand before the end of January/early February. I'll keep updating what I know when I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread