MINELAB, WE ARE HAVING A PROBLEM.....!!

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Was at the beach at 09.00 and intended to search until 17.00 = 8 hours. It was fun, for a while. until my X-Terra 50 broke my earphone.

AGAIN !

Bought my X-Terra about 3 months ago. It didn't come with an earphone so I was advised by the man from Belgadetect, to use the KOSS earphone that came with my Explorer II.
Used that excellent, comfy Koss for a month. Then I started to hear sounds like I was waving my coil through dead leaves...

Belgadetect replaced that Koss. For free. After another month, my second Koss was...DEAD. Didn't hear anything anymore.

FRUSTRATION.

Bought a Sennnheiser (82 Euro) in a big electro shop. Meanwhile, ordered a Maz earphone by Belgadetect. In the week before the Maz arrived, my Sennheiser started to make a strange noises, too !

Phoned to Belgadetect that it was no use, just to replace the earphones, the detector was the cause.

Since, I LOVE that X-Terra 50, I decided to buy a new one, while my first one was going to be sent over to Minelab.
Belgadetect gave me one... FOR FREE. In replace. Got also a new Koss. FOR FREE. Since I ordered that Maz, I bought & paid it. It was, again, like 80 or 85 Euro.

Today, my Maz didn't work properly. I went to my car and took the Koss but the fun was gone.

In my opinion, the X-Terra 50 has 2 problems :
1. sometimes it switches itself off. Over & over & over... Boring, frustrating. May depend on (the lenght of ?) the batteries. My first X-Terra did that, switching himself off when he got in that mood. My second one is just the same.
2. for some reason the X-Terra 50 is breaking all my earphones !!!!!

Note : My settings are : all metal, sens = 20, volume = 20. On dry sand, and there is sometimes lots of trash. But if & when the X-Terra 50 EARPHONE couldn't take this (settings), why didn't anyone say so in the X-Terra 50 manual ? And if & when I lower sensitivity and/or volume, will my earphone NOT break down ? Or will it live a little bit longer ? 5 Weeks ? 6 Weeks ? 2 Months, maybe ????

Minelab, YOU have a problem with your X-Terra 50 in my opinion.

And I have a problem too. How can I work with something in which I don't/can't believe in anymore ? I have an XP GMaxx and a Minelab Explorer II. The X-Terra is MORE fun then the 2 other ones, combined !!!! In fact : all I want is having a good, reliable EARPHONE ?nd - of course - a good one. I could buy like 20 cheap earphones and change the one I use every month. But that can never be the intention, can it ? And I must say that that blue Maz had a much better sound then that Koss, even if the Koss is much more comfy and looks better. All I want is an earphone with a good sound.

My question : GIVE ME A GOOD EARPHONE that will last a while !!!!

I am not angry, just frustrated and disappointed !!! And it is NOT "the money", it is about THE FUN !!!!! All I want is having fun with that excellent X-Terra 50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because it is really a hell of a detector... (and YES, it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT...)

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

PS My day was spoiled, and I had such a good finds, until noon. (Snif snif !) Pictures will follow !

HELLO MINELAB, AM I THE FIRST WITH THOSE 2 PROBLEMS ????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread