Minelab Xterra 50

jreitz99

Jan 18, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Whites
Hey all...

Its been awhile since I posted...been to busy to go detecting, but now I have some time off & the fever again. Went out today & my buddy wanted to trade me a brand new minelab xterra 50 for my 10 year old spectrum xlt....was getting bored with the whites so I did it. Anyone know anything about the new minelabs?....hope I made a good trade. Right before we traded I watched him dig a standing liberty quarter & 2 indians right in front of me & my old xlt wouldnt even show hit ohere the coins were.

Thanks for the input....

sorry I know this is wrong forum....but this is the one everyone reads & knows their stuff!

John

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jreitz99

Jan 18, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Whites
Thanks for the info badger....buddy just has trouble adjusting to new machines & liked the trusty old XLT. I was a little reluctant to trade because that old machine was like my right arm...but now I have no idea whats in the ground & I have to dig everything...I was telling him to throw away the manual so I cant learn this one & it makes it exciting again. With the xlt I was starting to guess dates accuratley lol......

will be fun to get out again....glad to hear the xt50 is highly regarded!

John

R

rvbvetter

I've never run either one. But from what I've heard of the X 50 it sounds like a good trade. After you've used it for awhile, Let us know how you like it. Good Luck with it. HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did make a upgrade to a better detector. You knew the XLT well like you said and that will slow you down at first. However the new machine will grow on you fast and you will start digging better stuff from the same groound the XLT just hunted. It's a technology thing........

Sandman

OP
OP
J

jreitz99

Jan 18, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab/Whites
Thanks all....

will get that minelab to work real soon (have the whole week off) & I will try to get some good pictures up!

HH all

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions