Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
I have heard from my clients, Yes. However lately, they are saying the recovery response is a bit slower.

In that case it shoudn't be a problem because I think there's an advantage to being a little slower and that's why the Explorer works well. In clean ground of course it doesn't matter, so one detector would be deep as the other, but I believe in trash the unit that is quicker lets you sort the surface stuff faster, but anything at depth it's too quick and skips on to the next target not giving your brain enough of a sound to stop and investigate. It seems like so many people still don't get it that the reason the higher end Minelabs do well is because they are great at sorting out a mess of targets..... aka a good sound with nulling. This is why the best style of hunting in heavy trash is the "wiggle" and anyone who takes full swings is not getting the harder more masked signals. So the bottom line is obviously every detector needs to recover, but different electronics and how you use it can make a big difference, and as I said it's not about speed going target to target to target like a sharp tone beep unit like a Tesoro, it's more like hovering and sorting signals. Even if both the E-trac and Explorer have the same depth I think anyone who buys an E-trac because of better recovery would probably not learn the hunting style that is most effective.

PS.... People have always talked about the explorer having a slow recovery, but it's not really that slow. You can probably swing as fast as you want in clean ground, but of course have to slow down in trash just like you should with any other unit. Even with a fast responding detector it might hit semi masked targets on the surface very fast but you're the one who still has to recognize the sound as being good enough to stop for. The faster you go, the less sounds with potential you here, and the less you find. Hunting in junk is about rechecking signals, and doing it over and over and over again. If you don't, it's good news because you still have a long way to go before the site is cleaned out. That's unless someone with more experience comes behind you. Wow what a coffee rant.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
all FBS the same, except with pro coil a bit deeper, but its look like they have the same FBS thing inside from the early models only processor faster

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
4-H said:
I have heard from my clients, Yes. However lately, they are saying the recovery response is a bit slower.

In that case it shoudn't be a problem because I think there's an advantage to being a little slower and that's why the Explorer works well. In clean ground of course it doesn't matter, so one detector would be deep as the other, but I believe in trash the unit that is quicker lets you sort the surface stuff faster, but anything at depth it's too quick and skips on to the next target not giving your brain enough of a sound to stop and investigate. It seems like so many people still don't get it that the reason the higher end Minelabs do well is because they are great at sorting out a mess of targets..... aka a good sound with nulling. This is why the best style of hunting in heavy trash is the "wiggle" and anyone who takes full swings is not getting the harder more masked signals. So the bottom line is obviously every detector needs to recover, but different electronics and how you use it can make a big difference, and as I said it's not about speed going target to target to target like a sharp tone beep unit like a Tesoro, it's more like hovering and sorting signals. Even if both the E-trac and Explorer have the same depth I think anyone who buys an E-trac because of better recovery would probably not learn the hunting style that is most effective.

PS.... People have always talked about the explorer having a slow recovery, but it's not really that slow. You can probably swing as fast as you want in clean ground, but of course have to slow down in trash just like you should with any other unit. Even with a fast responding detector it might hit semi masked targets on the surface very fast but you're the one who still has to recognize the sound as being good enough to stop for. The faster you go, the less sounds with potential you here, and the less you find. Hunting in junk is about rechecking signals, and doing it over and over and over again. If you don't, it's good news because you still have a long way to go before the site is cleaned out. That's unless someone with more experience comes behind you. Wow what a coffee rant.
Decaf bud. LOL

I agree with your response...as usual

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread