MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be interested to see if there is an actual PERFORMANCE increase, or they did what White's did with the V3,and just focused on bells and whistles.

xQuestx

Tenderfoot
Nov 26, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope the weight isn't over 5 pounds like I've seen on the web, would be nice if it was in the $2K range also.

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will be up for Sale on My Birthday.
That would make my day to add one of those to my toy list!

silversimon

May 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MINELAB CTX3030 -- Its always the same with minelab and other company's and it is true........they make big claims on bigger better faster machines than the prevoius model, for example the Minelab explorer was a great machine and still is, the new etrac was released years later but no real improvements in depth infact the explorer is probably slightly deeper than the etrac, depth is not everything but when paying hundreds of pounds more you should get better improvements from the previous models..... lets hope this new minelab can really prove much improvement above the older models in the field, this was claimed about the etrac but was no deeper.......silversimon .............

Last edited:

scocker626

May 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MINELAB CTX3030 -- Its always the same with minelab and other company's and it is true........they make big claims on bigger better faster machines than the prevoius model, for example the Minelab explorer was a great machine and still is, the new etrac was released years later but no real improvements in depth infact the explorer is probably slightly deeper than the etrac, depth is not everything but when paying hundreds of pounds more you should get better improvements from the previous models..... lets hope this new minelab can really prove much improvement above the older models in the field, this was claimed about the etrac but was no deeper.......silversimon .............

I agree with you silversimon, the etrac is a massive letdown for me on depth. The old XS beats this detector hands down on depth. Lets hope this new model has improved - never mind all the bells and whistles like most detectorists dont use.....what the hell do we need a colour screen for anyway?

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a deep Explorer you got an Explorer II and just changed the stock coil for a SEF one. Minelab was famous for giving percentage increases in depth with its gold machines until people worked out that the latest versions would now be going down feet not inches if all the improvement percentages were added to the depth of the original SD.

The only real advantage on the CTX is the hint that deep non ferrous will now indicate as that, rather than iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread