Minelabs Warranty? Are they good at taking care of their customers?

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

How good is Minelabs warranty when it is needed?

* How does their repair process work?

* Do I pay to ship it to their location and then they ship it back to me after it is fixed?

* How long is their turn around time?

* Do they have a repair center here in the states?

* Anyone ever have issues with their warranty and customer service?

* How is their on-call service and support staff for customers with questions or issues?

* Is there anything that is Not covered under their warranty that a new buyer may not be aware of?

* I would like to find out more about this company and be prepared if at all possible.

- Please feel free to just comment on your experience with them as well!

We all know how amazing service is from companies like Garrett ... how does Minelab stack up?

I just want to know I am buying from a company that is going to stand behind their product and always take care of theirs customers 100% ... that is very important to me when I am looking to spend up to or more then a $1,000 on a product! ... when you reach a certain point in a products price customer service and warranty is KEY for me.

Thanks so much, and I look forward to all of your replies. :icon_thumleft:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, I've never had to send one in for warrantee work!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like anything else sometimes some units fail.....

The good news is Kellyco is now an authorized Minelab repair center too. I personally know the 2 men working there, Dave who runs it is my hunting parter and an electronic wizzard.

Unless it has changed customers pay to ship it in and they pay to return it, usually they only need the coil and controls so package is small. ..

After market mods voids the warranty. I recommend the Kellyco center, but I dealt with the Chicago center Before Kellyco became a repair center and was very happy with work and cost and mine was out of warranty...

Time it takes depends on time of year, usually early spring to mid summer was longest because people would put it off till hunting season was here then want it done yesterday.. The last time I talked to Dave about turn around time it was about a week.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, I've never had to send one in for warrantee work!
Never sent one in for service either. I called their service center in Illinois confirming my warranty registration process and they were very polite and professional. Also, the person handling the warranty transferred me to a service tech, John if I remember correctly, and was very helpful on answering questions I had about CTX battery O-ring and sent me complimentary spares. I am very satisfied so far, since they have become more focused on customer service. Their machines performance speak for themselves!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab now has two service centers in the US. You call or email when needing service, they contact you and provide a RMA number. If it's in the 1st 30-90 days, your dealer can probably get Minelab to pay shipping both ways. Turnaround time depends on the product, but most repairs are now done in 5-10 days.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

mobilius

Greenie
Jul 15, 2013
. How good is Minelabs warranty when it is needed? * How does their repair process work? * Do I pay to ship it to their location and then they ship it back to me after it is fixed? * How long is their turn around time? * Do they have a repair center here in the states? * Anyone ever have issues with their warranty and customer service? * How is their on-call service and support staff for customers with questions or issues? * Is there anything that is Not covered under their warranty that a new buyer may not be aware of? * I would like to find out more about this company and be prepared if at all possible. - Please feel free to just comment on your experience with them as well! We all know how amazing service is from companies like Garrett ... how does Minelab stack up? I just want to know I am buying from a company that is going to stand behind their product and always take care of theirs customers 100% ... that is very important to me when I am looking to spend up to or more then a $1,000 on a product! ... when you reach a certain point in a products price customer service and warranty is KEY for me. Thanks so much, and I look forward to all of your replies. :icon_thumleft:
I bought a new E-trac last summer. Initially I thought there were problems with. The machine but Minelab customer service personnel were awesome. They straightened me out and I haven't looked bac. Great machine. This spring I had trouble with the Koss headphones so I contacted Minelab and to my surprise four days later, minelab sent a new set of headphones - no cost! Minelab is great, true to their word, and their customer support is nothing short of AWESOME!!

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I can tell you Minelab Stinks at taking calls!

All I have got the last two days is they are in corporate meetings leave a message, and also if you dial 1 for Tech support you get a message, if you dial 2 for sales you get a message, if you dial 0 for opperator you get a message.

Says they will call back the next business day or within 24 hours.

Left message yesterday and no call back today or within the 24 hours now.

All I want to ask a few questions and to verify a serial #'s warranty ... wanting to know if it it's still under warranty and if so how long based on the serial# the seller provided.

So Simple but I cant' even get that from them

They need an online database to verify this info.

So far not to pleased.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want send me the s# and I will see if I can help you, I have contacts inside Minelab..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, I've always gotten a good response by email. Today is a holiday for some, so they may be off today. It generally takes one business day to get a response .

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya that is true with it being good Friday and all ... but yesterday it was some excuse about corporate meetings and they wouldn't take any calls.

Ohh well ... if it's not meant to be it's not meant to be.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy new to be safe ... just SO much money though. :-\

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the person who answers the phone has a corporate seat in the company? I guess that would explain things. :laughing7:

LOL ... it's just a answering machine is all .... no one picks up any line at all no matter what prompt you push to be directed to.

Everyone says leave a message and we'll call back within 24 hours.

I would hope they are out the office is all ... If I had to call a place that ONLY said leave a message we will call you back I would not be a happy camper.

I'm just WAY to much a stickler for Customer Service ... if a place doesn't have these will never see my business.

But I think it's just nearing Easter weekend is all and everyone is checked out ... oh well.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only used the Koss UR-30 headphones that went with my CTX for a short while before the plug gave way. I contacted Minelab via email and another email back detailing my address and two weeks later and they sent me another set, no questions asked about what was wrong with them. I packed the new headphones away because I started to use ones that I purchased separately. I think that they have had problems with the headphones before, so it wasn't any guess work on the replacement. I've had the similar experience with Garrett when I bought a coil that didn't work.

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a lot of difference in the sounds you get out of a x-terra 705 and a whites classic 3,,,i have used the classic 3 for years and just bought what I hope is an upgrade to the x-terra 705 and hoping there is not a big learning curve to learn the x-terra...

OP
OP
falconman515

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is there a lot of difference in the sounds you get out of a x-terra 705 and a whites classic 3,,,i have used the classic 3 for years and just bought what I hope is an upgrade to the x-terra 705 and hoping there is not a big learning curve to learn the x-terra...

This is a thread about Minelabs warranty, nothing to do with specifics on the metal detectors or the ones you are asking about in particular at all .... this question needs its own thread possibly as it doesn't pertain to anything in here and you would have a better chance at getting this question answered elsewhere.

Just wanted to let you know.

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thank you for that....guess I am going to have to learn how to use this web page and the x-terra..

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SilverChirp

Mar 21, 2016
State of Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horrible customer service at Minelab

Minelab has terrible customer service... I'll never buy anything from them. It takes days for them to contact you after calls and emails...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab has terrible customer service... I'll never buy anything from them. It takes days for them to contact you after calls and emails...
What number are you calling, right now they are closed due to hurticane, want reopen till Monday at earliest and could be even later than that due to the hurricane damage in town. Orlando is only 40 miles as the crow flies from the coast where the eye of hurricane Matthew is passing by. Employees have homes, families and lives too..

You do understand they get anywhere between 50 to 100 calls a day, dozens of emails and phone messages a day. Just how easy do you think it is to answer them all and still get repair work done? It use to be repair center in Vegas and Chicago didn't answer calls at all..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NC Digger

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2015
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to return a Minelab product. I emailed my serial number to my contact to minelab and they got back to me that day. Had the ups shipping label that night. If your under warranty they pay the round trip. I have never had a problem with them. My product is with Kellyco now. I pray they are all well down there and hope they don't have much damage!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions