Mineral Sampling?

aescal

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm fairly new to the forums and have spent days browsing around.. I have a quick question that some of the more experienced prospectors might be able to help me with. For placer and alluvial deposits what is considered a good gold per ton ratio? Everything I've found online concerns hardrock and and open pit mines, and those say that 8-10 grams per ton is ideal. Then of course those operations have heavy equipment, fuel, electricity, roads, etc to operate and maintain. For the single prospector would 1 gm per ton be something worth filing a claim on? Ive included a picture of the property handed down to me and an analysis came back as .98 gm per ton ( I've marked the spot on the picture where I took the sampling). Thanks for looking =).

Sampled.jpg

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes. Do it!

OP
OP
A

aescal

Nov 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, just had the title transferred over into my name. Headed back there this week to get some more samples topside and try to dig down about 10 ft.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know much about filing claims, but I'm still pretty certain you don't have to file a claim if you own the land.

If you happen to find richer dirt, pull the chain of title (past deeds) and see if you still have the mineral rights if you ever decide to spend any serious money as you may only own the surface.

If you or whoever handed the property down to you had title insurance or a mortgage, there may be a title report readily available, but if not you should pull the past 50-100 years of deeds from from the county's register of deeds (they should be available online for free, but if you live in a county of ignorance or greed you may have to pay or go to the courthouse)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread