Mineral Springs and a "Gangsta" tot

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Mineral Springs and a "Gangsta" tot

Hunted a local park today. It contains an iron/sulphur sping and a magnesium spring. The springs, streams, and pond were used as far back as the Indian tribe that inhabited the area. Up until the 40's it was a popular spot. A place to take yourself, and your livestock, for a refreshing afternoon.
Anyway, a grab-bag: clad, an old Canadian penny, a Phillipine .25 piece, coupla wheats, and a 1939 Wa. state tax token.
Hit the tot lot on the way out and found the gun and $ bangle. Must have been a little "gangsta" playing. ;)

MinSprng1.jpg

The park now:
MinSprgNow.jpg

The park back when:
MinSprgThen1.jpg

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: Mineral Springs and a "Gangsta" tot

Very neat comparison pics. Looks like you got some cool finds but seems with that history there should be more there for you .Tax token is nice

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

That's my kinda place. I'd hit that place hard 'cause I know there's goodies waiting for you.

D

Danielmc

I see you use an ACE 250 and that place looks quite old, can the ACE hit it deep? Forgive my ignorance, i dont know much about Garrett machines.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Cool finds, love the little gun and all the other goodies! Congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs

GH, the history is what I love. Unfortunately, when they built a major highway nearby, they used the excess dirt to "fill" several places at this park. One of those places was a pond at one end that folks waded in. So, the actual areas that are original are very few.
Dan, the Ace hits as deep as I feel it needs to. There's also alot of early iron "trash" here from 30's spas that have since been demolished. ;)
Dayton, I plan to. There are several places near the springs that are weed-choked now. Hard to swing an MD, and very muddy.

Thanks for the input!

R

RUDY2003

That does look like a really intresting spot lafitte.
I think Blue will be shadowing you to find that area....

Keep safe...

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Very cool finds! The tax token is great and I love the comparison photos. Sure wish they had not filled all those areas... would have been even more exciting had it not been done but a great day anyway! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread