Miners meeting

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's on your mind fowled?

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I missunderstood..

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So for a little while I have been listening.. Freaking hella long!! Also he seemed to spend to much time talking about crap and friends and people I don't know.. He seemed to have a lot of little stories. truthfully it was just longwinded.. I am all for ralling the troops and educating miners and such.. But what good was this? Truthfully I was bored pretty soon I was bored and I care about miners rights.. I don't feel he covered or educated me in anything as of yet..(its on as background) Nothing that really stood out as usefull.. I already I know I am getting screwed I know about Combie I know about the Taser incident truthfully he should be thankfull he wasn't black.. Anyway I got the distinct feeling my time was kinda wasted? I have no ill against any of these groups.. EXCEPT FOR PAY TO PLAY CLUBS.. Look I just saw a great opportunity wasted!! It was way to long!! I care and I will never listen to it all.. So many potential people could have been reached... I feel it should have been about an hour and half to 2 hours.. He should have hit problems/solutions/facts.. Should have left out all the little stories! Only fun for the inner circle not everyone else... Was his targeted audience just clubs? or the world? Anyway like I said I feel it was a wasted opportunity and the majority of listeners are the ones who would have tuned in anyway..

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have really been trying to keep quite and not get crazy.. But I feel a relapse... Ill try to think some before I rant.....

Goin thru the posts and such I come across this..

This is the response I got from Shannon Poe....

Unfortunately, we are pretty packed in for the meeting. Do you guys represent a retailer or gold club? We will be doing a live broadcast of the meeting on the internet so everyone can listen to it as it happens from the comfort of their own home.

We have posted the links on our website and on our Facebook page.

Thank you,

Mr. Shannon Poe
President, AMRA
Fighting for your right to mine

One would think that they would have a big enough spot for additional miners whom want to meet the people running the show. Not just listen to it on the radio?

Anyway this is the freaking problem!! Seems to me that the people who should have been present are the actual small scale miners!!!
What education these retailers or clubs need??? Seems to me these clubs and retailers aint the ones hurting!!!! How about the actual prospectors? Anyway I think small scale mining is in serious need of ACTUAL REPRESENTATION!! To many groups and clubs and non profit and hell knows what else. all askin for money fightin for my rights blah blah blah "GIVE ME JUST ONE WORTH A DAM"..
anyway in California alone you will find over a hundred clubs groups ect ect for mining against mining but all have one thing in common Donations needed to restore your rights/protect the enviroment.... If I remember correctly The NF American river has like 7 different groups all watching out for it's best interest. getting pretty crazy and only getting worse..

anyway you think donations were used for is meeting. Me I would like to donate but I find quarter keno pays off better!!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree Marshall, it was an AMRA show I guess... Never saw a thread on it here beforehand or I would have gone myself. I got an email from goldprospectorspace before the show went live and that was it. The show was garbled all to hell to the point that it was giving me a head ache just trying to put the spaced out words together. So I shut it off maybe a half hour in because it was all old news anyway. I will try listening to the recording when it's put up but they were told the night before that their wifi connection wasn't working good enough to broadcast...
No I don't belong to the AMRA yet, the WMA has been doing a fine job along with PLP & all of the rest of us that contribute.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah the wifi was messed up. I was hoping more folks had listened to it and had opinions from part 4 about MMAC. I just listened to it in the Goldprospectorspace archives and the chop is fixed. I think this is going to be a heated topic for mining in the next couple of months and will need all of our involvement and attention. From what I gather -for it or against it, it's moving forward. We really need some education and clarity on this. I know for myself things have not been answered to my satisfaction, and what I heard on the pod cast ain't jiving with what I've been reading and researching. I now have even more questions. Like if its a Fed agency why is California the only one going to go through the voting process at this time. There are 18 other gold bearing states that I'm sure are going to want their say, and may have a problem with not having any input in the folks being appointed to these positions that will be representing them. IDK, I'm gonna shut up and listen for awhile and see what pops up. All I know is it sure is a weird way to get something started. The horse plum forgot about the cart. Sounds like there are some deadlines coming fairly soon like April / May, so folks need to be talking and explaining.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a much longer post in response to this but it was really long and drawn out.
This is more of a tangent and not so much directed at his show.

To the jist of things, I think we need more excitement in ours meets, more people, more freebee's and cheap raffles. A LOT MORE.
It has to be WORTH IT for the average person to come out, even the average person not interested in mining.

The business end of meets needs to be well thought out (he did have a powerpoint presentation though), organized and leading to a point. Most of all, they need to do that rather quickly because as we all experienced, we will turn it off and those there probably just zoned out.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jus'mo' give me your benjamins...WMA is the ONLY organization that is doing anything for the MINER and not hyping there claims,or insane all or nuttn' bs.. Hahahaha how's that 7 seasons of nuttn' working out for ya'all anyhow. Your staring at a lifetime of nuttn' with that stupid insipid insanity as NOBODY gets it all ever in this life on anything and to pontificate otherwise is pure folly,but by prolonging it's a instant job forever selling snakeoil line of bs. John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have really been trying to keep quite and not get crazy.. But I feel a relapse... Ill try to think some before I rant.....

Goin thru the posts and such I come across this..

This is the response I got from Shannon Poe....

Unfortunately, we are pretty packed in for the meeting. Do you guys represent a retailer or gold club? We will be doing a live broadcast of the meeting on the internet so everyone can listen to it as it happens from the comfort of their own home.

We have posted the links on our website and on our Facebook page.

Thank you,

Mr. Shannon Poe
President, AMRA
Fighting for your right to mine

One would think that they would have a big enough spot for additional miners whom want to meet the people running the show. Not just listen to it on the radio?

Anyway this is the freaking problem!! Seems to me that the people who should have been present are the actual small scale miners!!!
What education these retailers or clubs need??? Seems to me these clubs and retailers aint the ones hurting!!!! How about the actual prospectors? Anyway I think small scale mining is in serious need of ACTUAL REPRESENTATION!! To many groups and clubs and non profit and hell knows what else. all askin for money fightin for my rights blah blah blah "GIVE ME JUST ONE WORTH A DAM"..
anyway in California alone you will find over a hundred clubs groups ect ect for mining against mining but all have one thing in common Donations needed to restore your rights/protect the enviroment.... If I remember correctly The NF American river has like 7 different groups all watching out for it's best interest. getting pretty crazy and only getting worse..

anyway you think donations were used for is meeting. Me I would like to donate but I find quarter keno pays off better!!

I don't see a lot of different groups saying that there looking out for the miners to be the problem, from where I sit and what I have seen it's to many groups doing their own thing and no one is working together.

OP
OP
fowledup

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is not about pontificating, bloviating, ranting, clubs, organizations, groups, or donating yo "benjamins", all of those would be indicative of having a choice or say in the matter. Its all about a federal agency that is being created at this very moment that is asking for what little rights you haven't already given up! No one is explaining, asking for input, or trying to sell us on the solution- it's simply being done with or without you, basically in silence! Who else uses tactics like this? Have any claim owners received any notice by mail that they will soon be under an umbrella mining district with federal jurisdiction contradictory to the very purpose of the mining laws and grants? I haven't. Has one claim holder been asked to attend a meeting explaining any of this? I keep throwing out questions that remain unanswered, so here's another- What happens if a claim holder who has actually read and understands his rights and what has been granted to him refuses to sign up with the new district or follow this new federal agencies guidelines, and rules, or recognize it's authority? Not trying to be a rebel, these and the others are valid questions that require answers.

Last edited:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those who CAN, DO.
Those who can't, try to regulate those who can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread