miners moss

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The blue and green are chemically identical. The preference is whether you think you see gold better on green or on blue from what I have read

Last edited:

Quickpan Dan

Feb 2, 2013
No there totally different, the green is like felt or tight wove fibers, the blue is more like a sponge and a lot thicker made of a rubber/plastic material. The blue has much more porousity and lets sands all the way through. The green won't

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pesonal preference...I like using both in my sluice. The carpet seems to clear better in slow water, the moss catches more black sand in faster water.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually fellas my grandfather can get this easily all it really is nomad carpet

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol personally i like the green color but if blue is better ide get the blue i live by the saying spend money right the first time so you dont have to keep replacing the cheap one

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The color soesnt really matter worth a squat. The matt is made to trap heavies, so your not going to see small gold on ot anyway. Most gold should be in the first two riffles anyway, if your finding all the way through your sluice box, your running wrong.

OP
OP
N

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a hard time catching small gold too lol even with my snuffer bottle you know how you tap the side of the pan and the gold SHOULD go to the corners idk why but i cant do it but ive learn that if you use the cutip ear cleaner wet the tip the smal gold will stick to it but if you have any other advise that would be awsome

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread