Mining claim question

au79ramona

Oct 11, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm thinking about filing a claim on a piece of BLM land in Ca. The creek that I would be filing on is land locked by open space preserve on one side and private property on the other. The open space preserve is very steep and has no vehicle access. If I file I would have to go through private property to access it. Is there any laws that allow easement through private property to get access to the claim if the land owners are not willing to grant access?

Upvote 0

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is there any laws that allow easement through private property to get access to the claim if the land owners are not willing to grant access?

No you can not use private property to access a claim. Not unless there is a public way historically used there before 1976. Look over the patent for the private property and see if there is an easement in the survey. If not you will have to access through the open space side.

Why would you try to make a claim on a place you have not prospected???

OP
OP
au79ramona

au79ramona

Oct 11, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If it comes down to that I will just continue to hike in the way I currently do and not file a claim. It would just be nice to get vehicle access

OP
OP
au79ramona

au79ramona

Oct 11, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've Prospected it many times. I hike in through the preserve. My pack gets heavier and heavier ever time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread