Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Journal is all about the journey, so if you start it now, we
can all follow your journey (through your posts), and then (in a
sense) get to be there when you hit that bonanza...:occasion14:

So tell it brother! (inquiring minds wanna know)

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
we broke down yesterday on the way back from our dig, the next couple days its going to be 115 for like 6 hours before it breaks !
so we got lucky murphy was looking out for us this time, by us havin a break down we get to miss out on our first real heat.

still got to run the mill no rest for the hardrock crew once its mined its gotta be milled,
cant decide whats harder the diggin or the millin, i think the worst is drivin that dadgum ford out n back 3 hours a day no AC.

mnt is gettin might bit warm these days, beees not so bad yet.

anyways i got some time to get the storys n stuff started while i watch the mill go round n round out my window from my desk, as i sit in front of the cooler, 115 thats hot !!!!
GT..............

Last edited:

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Atta boy GT! The first in hopefully a series of hard rock mining stories from you! Don't forget the occasional pic! :thumbsup:

BTW...it's Sunny and 65 here if you wanna swing by and give me some pointers. :laughing7:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go get em GT!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would volunteer some stories but it seems that all of them that come to mind would violate TNet's censurship policy. So instead, I recommend reading Twains Roughing It.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Red hot gold !!

112 in the shade, at one time it hit 116 for a bit in the shade!

tabling, running the mill grinding ore, 143 surface temp at 11oclock, it was blazin day.

sundown 106, we worked till noon quit started back at sundown long hot days ahead!

today humid n hot at least we got some clouds.

still workin on gettin that journal going.
Gt................

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GT, those are some deadly temperatures you are talking about! Be careful out there!! My second and last time living in Phoenix AZ it hit 120 F in town and I thought that was bad, I'm a wimp................63bkpkr

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Dadgumitt,
I cant seem to get anything together to even talk about,
just the same ole desert stuff, same district, same diggin, crushin n millin in the heat, no critters or plant life here, no bonanza, no real lead to follow or to speak of, I will just forget the journal for now maybe we hit something down the road spark up the story tellins.
If we can just hit us a small bonanza, buys us some Boots , fancy tools and a payin hardrock mine, then we would have somethin to talk about, Lords knows it aint from lack of tryin.
Till then one can find us at the Claudette mill camp or out in the bushs somewhere in the Dale.

Gt…………………

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GT, you've got it all organized - you plan to keep on trying and that is what is needed. Best of success...............63bkpkr

note: at least you are out in the 'country' right now, my choices have taken me away from the outdoors with the hope that in a few years I can return to the outdoors for good. Best of luck to us all!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread