Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
The weather was absolutely awesome this weekend, and the company couldn't have been better... that's the good news. The bad news is that I have not been finding the silver coins that I seek.

Smittyman and I went to hunt with Bladerunner2019 on Saturday morning. The spot was awesome looking, however, I was only able to pull Wheaties. We proceeded to another spot where a house had once been, again, nothing but Wheaties!

I went out with Todd Lipe on Sunday morning. Smittyman joined us at lunch. We hit a park, a school and some old houses. Once again... no silver, just Wheaties. I have gotten 20 in the last two weeks.

The one saving grace was a link out of a bracelet. It is the smallest piece of silver I have ever found... but it is silver... whew. I got a pic of off Goggle of the complete bracelet. It has "Kaytie" engraved on it. I also managed to get a shotgun slug, a bullet and a broken toy gun.

thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Attachments

• IMG_20150208_165446_008-1.jpg
    IMG_20150208_165446_008-1.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 93
  • KAx20Forgetx20mex20not.1L.jpg
    KAx20Forgetx20mex20not.1L.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20150208_165631_418-1.jpg
    IMG_20150208_165631_418-1.jpg
    650.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20150208_165700_482-1.jpg
    IMG_20150208_165700_482-1.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Upvote 15

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You scored silver, wheats and some cool stuff! Congrats!

You will find the silver coins, the worms are just taking their sweet time moving the coins up with in detector range.
Relax, deep breaths, picture those silver coins in your mind and go forth and find!

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather was absolutely awesome this weekend, and the company couldn't have been better... that's the good news. The bad news is that I have not been finding the silver coins that I seek.

Smittyman and I went to hunt with Bladerunner2019 on Saturday morning. The spot was awesome looking, however, I was only able to pull Wheaties. We proceeded to another spot where a house had once been, again, nothing but Wheaties!

I went out with Todd Lipe on Sunday morning. Smittyman joined us at lunch. We hit a park, a school and some old houses. Once again... no silver, just Wheaties. I have gotten 20 in the last two weeks.

The one saving grace was a link out of bracelet. It is the smallest piece of silver I have ever found... but it is silver... whew. I got a pic of off Goggle of the complete bracelet. It has "Kaytie" engraved on it. I also managed to get a shotgun slug, a bullet and a broken toy gun.

thanks for looking and good luck on your hunts!

Nice save on the silver, the first I've seen dug in two weeks. Had a good time yesterday thanks for being a gracious host.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was a great ID on your bracelet link, Tom. Very nice piece of silver. Don't worry, the coins will show up soon!

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom there is an article in one of those magazines that I gave you yesterday about a guy who had a two year silver drought - I would have thrown in the towel and taken up watchin' Jerry Springer or sumpin - but he didn't and when the silver started coming again it was worth the wait. Hang in there!

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice save on the silver, the first I've seen dug in two weeks. Had a good time yesterday thanks for being a gracious host.

Thanks TL! I had a good time too. The silver has been a bit scarce lately. Hopefully we are turning the corner, and the silver will start to flow!

OP
OP
Carolina Tom

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom there is an article in one of those magazines that I gave you yesterday about a guy who had a two year silver drought - I would have thrown in the towel and taken up watchin' Jerry Springer or sumpin - but he didn't and when the silver started coming again it was worth the wait. Hang in there!

That's easy for you to say... you have been digging silver coins like crazy... like three or four a week!

Thanks again for hunting with me this weekend. Even though no silver coins showed up (for me or Todd Lipe), a good time was had by all. I look forward to our next adventure.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom.....I know the feeling of the dreaded "silver coin drought"......I too have that 2015 affliction.....although I have found 3 silver rings this year, silver coins have eluded me. It seems many hunters are digging questionable, mixed, scratchy signals and hitting silver coins......so for me, maybe I have been putting too much trust in the VDI readings.....so I will dig more "questionable" targets in the future and see if that helps......Wishing you "SILVER" coins in your near future.....Good Luck.

HH
Bill

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! Great lot of Wheaties.

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good finds and envious as the ground up here is frozen rock solid down to 18 inches or so. The silver will come. Where there's wheaties, there's definitely silver. Try digging those more questionable signals from time to time. Lots of times I find once I dig the plug the signal either remains crummy, or greatly improves. That's when you know you've chosen correctly.

John

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digs tom,would think there would be some silver coinage hiding around there somewhere.I wonder if the rest of that bracelet is sitting there somewhere?

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Keep up the good finds, I am still trying to get to the Beach, goldnugget-Charlotte-only if it would quit Raining and being to Cold

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom if your swinging your coil you've got a chance. We all know it will come. Here in the frozen North were just swinging every couple weeks or so, as mother nature allows, so our chances are slim to none at the present! lol It will come (Spring I mean) almost the middle of February, it wont be long! Good digs and good luck!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey you call in miniscule, I call it im jealous!, that's a nice pile of wheats and a unique silver!

aint nothing wrong with that!

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Tom, sweet finds. The bracelet section is very neat, and silver! as far as the wheaties, I figure if I at least get wheaties, it's a successful hunt, And I agree, yesterday was AWESOME! Out there in my T shirt, didn't find much, but had good company and good weather and didn't get stiffed = good day. Glad yours was the same. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread