White's DFX & VX3

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Goose, I found a SD plate(1949) a couple of years back detecting an old farmsite.
Plate1949SD.jpg

Also found this ladies Elgin watch in SD the same day.
ElginFront.jpg

OP
OP
G

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Your license plate is nice....it's quite clear.....not rusty. The Elgin watch is very nice. Normally they are wind up watches with 17 jewels. By looking at the serial number, you can research when it was made, It might have some value to it.

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose: The watch was a ladies Elgin watch and was part of a collection of watches they made called the "diamond" collection. This watch had a diamond chip at 12 oclock and the retail value was about $60 as I recall. Elgin had other similar watches that had diamond chips at 3,6,9 and 12 oclock and they were a little more pricey. Got this one on a beach at Lake Poinsett in South Dakota west of Estelline. It was in fine, dry sand and only a couple of inches down. Had to get permission from DNR office near the lake. They have permission letters in their files. I was with a guy from North Carolina who camped out there yearly as his wife was from the area. Met him on the DFX site. I got the license plate from his wife's home farm where all the buildings were gone. The license plate is aluminum and must have been one of the earliest aluminum plates made.

OP
OP
G

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Very good research on the watch dfx-d. Many snows ago, I used to live 30 miles east of Elgin (Chicago area) and on some Sundays, my folks would drive us to Elgin for Black Walnut ice-cream. And of course, my family 'escaped' Illinois (The Land of Imprisoned Governors) some 30+ decades ago, and am glad we did.

reddirtwillie

Jan 4, 2013
Mo
Detector(s) used
AT Pro / Whites Eagle II SL - Wilson/lesche/garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too goose

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.