Mint State King George II Coppa = One Happy Gibbon!!!!!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Hey, folks, Colonial Silver Zeus, Colonial KirkPA, and I, Colonial Zoyboy, got out to that new site. Last week, I excavated a Liberty Cap large cent, and CSZ found the Classic Head half cent, and beautiful 1782 half real. Last week, we all said that we barely hit the surface of what could actually be found here, and I think we were EXACTLY right! :thumbsup: :wink:

Well, the day started off with the usual flat buttons. It didn't take long for me to yell out, "COLONIAL SPOON FRAGMENT...SPOON ARTIFACT!!!!" :headbang: Folks, as you all probably know, I usually go into my John Walter phase of the day well before we actually arrive at the site. :D Today was no different. CSZ and Colonial KirkPA were laughing suuuuuuuuper hard when I was saying, "1700s non glazed...1800s glazed pottery. I'll be damned!" :D John Walter, you are truly my metal datecting hero, buddy! :thumbsup:

About five minutes after KirkPA yelled out a great artifact, I received an "E" on "Dime" reading on my White's XL Pro 6000. I love this machine so much that I would NEVER settle for another brand! :wink: I dug down to the 6-inch depth and was greeted with a green disc in the hole. I stood up, set my headphones on the ground, and yelled out, "COIN...COPPA...COLONIAL...SUPER GOOD SHAPE...COPPA...COPPA!!!!" :headbang: :headbang: :smileinbox: Folks, I am happy to say that this gibbon is still smiling!

This site will yield many more keepers! :thumbsup:

Yup, I hit that "HOMERUN BALL" site!!!!!!! :wink:

Kyle

KGII001.jpg

KGII004.jpg

KGII007.jpg

Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Re: Mint State King George Coppa = One Happy Gibbon!!!!!

Zoooooooy,

Your rasearch kicks but-tocks! :wink: Seriously, this is the BEST site we have hit! :thumbsup:

We must keep hitting this site! :D That King George is in GREAT shape! That green coppa is simply "Colonial Zoyboy Detail."

We must!

Kirk :coffee2:

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

OYYYYYYYSTA BOY! What a Beautiful coin. That's another awesome coin at your site biscuit boy. The best site we ever did and we got alot more where that came from. You found a nice assortment of relics too. As I said on Kirkys thread " I can't wait till next week"
Uncle Zeus

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's nice to find a colonial and be able to ID it so easily. I love the deep green patina on that coppa. :thumbsup: You guys are really raking in the good coins lately. Keep up the good work. Any luck with a date on the KG?

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Evolution said:
It's nice to find a colonial and be able to ID it so easily. I love the deep green patina on that coppa. :thumbsup: You guys are really raking in the good coins lately. Keep up the good work. Any luck with a date on the KG?

Yo, Rob, thanks for the reply. This is actually my 4th coppa in 6 weeks. I am suuuuuuuper thrilled about that.

No, the KG doesn't have a date, but I still am very satisfied!

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Your arms were flailing just like a happy Gibbons would. :-*
CSZ

Yup, yup, a flailing gibbon. :D You are my hero, Zeus Dude! :thumbsup: :D

Lemons

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Oh, I forgot to say that I chopped that tombac button into two pieces. :D That really utted me out. :D

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Evolution said:

Yo, Rob, thanks for the reply. This is actually my 4th coppa in 6 weeks. I am suuuuuuuper thrilled about that.

Kyle
If I was our buddy Larry I would say "Fourth Copper in six weeks......Try Three in Thirty minutes Boy"
CSZ

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.

Ol relicdude likes em when there green like that :D Sweet coin,im sure john walter would be proud :wink: He would set it by his night stand and say ill be damned,ill be damed ,all night :D :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Evolution said:

Kyle
If I was our buddy Larry I would say "Fourth Copper in six weeks......Try Three in Thirty minutes Boy"
CSZ

If Larry Miller were hunting with us, he would say, "Yeah, mine are in much better shape." :D That fella lives vicariously through us. Heck, if he quit smoking and drinking 25 years ago, he might have the energy to get out and hunt like us. :D He still will be going into the metal datecting hall of fame one of these days.

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

RELICDUDE07 said:
Ol relicdude likes em when there green like that :D Sweet coin,im sure john walter would be proud :wink: He would set it by his night stand and say ill be damned,ill be damed ,all night :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks, buddy! John Walter would say, while sweeping his head back and forth, "Yup, yup, that is what I am after." :D What a character that fella was. :D

I hope you are satisfying your Spanish artifact fever by finding some goodies.

Kyle

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

J.W. would be very proud of your style! :wink: :D He would be flexing in the mirror and saying, "Yup, I can see the detail on this one." :D

Kirk

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Colonial Zoyboy said:
Oh, I forgot to say that I chopped that tombac button into two pieces. :D That really utted me out. :D

J.W. would still say to you, "Boy, you are still good." :D

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

I think I found the relic that the settlers would counterstamp the coins with. It is definitely broken in two spots, but I see the letters "B A". Here is a picture of it:

KGII007-2.jpg

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004

Fantastic. Nice job, fellas.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
King Research meets King George!!!
Kyle,
What can I say buddy, you guys are HOT!!! :icon_sunny: Nothing better than seeing a green disc in the hole. :wink:
A big high-5 on the copper Dude. :thumbsup: Well deserved. :icon_king:
-Doug-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread