Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi pore hunter, does that include wild Charolois bulls of over 1000 lbs? As for that shark, he outclassed me, I had a single cutting tool, while he had multiple ones and was bigger, prob meaner too, like a moonshiner.

Sides a .22 pistol grows rapidly smaller as the opponent grows larger, and is armed with better weapons , and more aggressiveness.

Gimme me that coffee
:coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outclass you my friend? I just figured you were simply playing with him, Like a puppy chasing his tail! :laughing7: We can just be happy that you dint catch him, Since you were the bait... :thumbsup:

Here, You better have another :coffee2:

aussco999

Dec 25, 2003
Texas
Don Jose:

Today is Memorial Day here in the states and I wanted to take a moment to say how thankful and appreciative we all are for your service on “The Canal” during WW II.

All to often, the first big adventure for a young man is military service and those experiences can either mold or deform the rest of his life. It’s obvious from your recorded exploits, those early year experiences had set you free in mind and spirit, and now, we’re all gladly reaping the rewards of your (mis)-adventurous life stories.

With so many of your fellow military comrades and warriors, including my father, having already crossed over to the other side, I just wanted to take a moment to say how grateful I am that you are still here trying to guild us younger generation with your wisdom.

With all the above being said,,, again,,, I wish to thank you very much for everything.

One of your numerous friends,

John

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning John coffee is being served out in the patio.

John, I thank you for those wonderful words, collectively we thank you.

As for being set free, after WW-1 there was a song that was very popular "How are you gonna keep them down on the farm, after they have seen Paree". ?

It seems that every gen that has experienced war on foreign lands returns with a different attitude than they left..

In the 1800's, Kipling wrote about it also "On the road to Mandalay" -->

After WW-1 -->

Gracias

Don Jose de La Mancha

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:

Wife and I went in to the Clinic on Thursday morning.. she Had a 2nd Ultrasound, got to hear the baby's heart beat.. this makes her 7 weeks along..

Her family is in from a 300 mile trip .. Got to talk to one of them this morning.. Very Very intelligent man.. He was talking about going into Maryland to buy and trade with the Amish, He said the man of the house came out, With a freight train in tow.. As they faced him, He said they stood shortest to tallest.. Then he began making words with the Amish man, And he asked if they are all his kids.. He said Amish man said "Woman most fertile day of birth"
I reckon they are very busy in all of their lively endeavors.. A child every 9months like clockwork..

:coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived with the Yaqui for almost 5 years. while I was in their territory i noticed lost of unbranded Charolois cattle. Upon questioning I found that a bank had taken over supervision of Yaqui accounts, that is to say short changing them. One of the bank's first orders was for all persons, including Yaqui, to leave the Bacatetes. Everything would then be run by the bank. They used the Military to back them up on the guise of preventing another revolution by the Yaqui.

An American rancher had been ranching under agreement with the Yaqui, but when He heard of this expropriation he simply turned all of his blooded cattle loose and gave a deed of ownership to the Yaqui tribe. as a result they had been running wild for years and there were lots of them. They were almost like Deer in being spooky.

I once was hidden in some brush on one side of a small dirt dam watching a fat Doe with my Binoculars. She was nervously looking across the small dam to the other side perhaps 3 - 400 meters. I could see nothing, then after perhaps 10 minutes I saw a huge charolois bull come out of the brush for perhaps 10 steps, stop , look around for a few minutes, apparently smelling the air also. Satisfied, he then advanced a few more steps then stopped again. This was repeated several times, then a small herd of heifers and calves left the brush where they had been hidden and followed him down to the water.

About this time the Doe that had been watching them also, stamped her left forefoot, something had bitten her. Instantly the bull's head swung up an focused in her direction then he ran back to the brush at full speed, his family followed him. The Doe also ran away.

Later I was thinking of that beautiful, huge Bull, and thinking how the local ranchers outside of the Bacatetes, needed improvement in the quality of their herds and put two and two together. We would tranquilize those bulls and ship them off to the ranchers for a good price. So off to the bank my Yaqui friends and I went to talk of negotiations for the Cattle. The Bank simply refused to talk to us, in fact they hadn't known about the cattle sigh.

So they sent a group to one of the watering holes to trap one of the bulls. They caught a huge bull off guard and hit him with a tranquilizing dart. He appeared quiet. so they led him to their truck It was a one ton, dual wheel truck they had reinforced the sides and back with 1" water pipe. The bull entered the bed of the truck, stopped, looked around, then simply duplicated shorty's bull's performance. He simply took out the side of the truck and when last seen was heading for the brush at full speed.

For some reason they never tried again, and those wild Charolois are still running around in the Bacatetes. Occasionally a Yaqui will have a fiesta and shoot one for a barbecue.

Another business venture shot.

Don Jose de La Mancha

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2::read2: greetings all. Back from northern fishing.cold and rain first couple days,had one needed a fire for a too cold friend,brought entire group of 8 , 4 boats together. Ropes,rapids,beaverdams,bears that don,t you know what in woods but on roads and then act like we annoy them. Did eat some serious meals of fish but as area new to all had to work for them. Prize in seeing northland,moose,beaver,loons ect.again.what night sounds. Where ever you are,coffee is on ,welcome to fire. Thanks Don Jose for sharing.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose, he who tilts. Should you find your plate empty it is only long enough for another great platter to be set before you. The table groans. All please help yourselves and know that even when take is light all will be shared till we feast again. :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<o)))>< Quick, snag that fishy for Don's plate! :coffee2:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PO hunter, as you know, a snaged fish has a far better flavor than one that has been played for a long time, gracias.

Have to go up to Tayopa for a few days.

Don Jose de la Mancha

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And If we were to Aquire some Barge rope, And the anchor from a huge ship.. Could Lasso one of those Charolois bulls with the opposite end of the rope, Just Sayin!!!!!!!!

Fresh Coffee, For you on your return from Tayopa..... :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I think i would opt for a good brush pony and bolas to gather this stock . After I was sure I was friends of the locals and that they would share .
>Could be a hell of an adventure and profitable for all , given the rising price of beef that's supposed to continue for 3 years .

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2:i might be able to handle a calf,with the scours. Two cows overherd............. i was artificially insiminated. Really? Yes really no bull. :boots:

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose,

These stories have me absolutely fascinated… I’m a young buck from Australia and dream of some of the experiences you have enjoyed over the years.

It may take me many years, but I hope to visit the wilds of central and south America and begin some adventurous journeys of my own. I hope its sooner rather than later, as I would love to meet you in person and hear some of these great stories in person!

I do have a question for you.. I note on various occasions you have ventured to locate hidden mines and treasure and quite often find what you are looking for. My question is, have you ever found any actual treasure? In the many stories you share, there is often a reason given for calling off your expeditions before actually locating anything of worth and never going back. Do you have any stories you can share, of you hitting the “mother-load” so to speak?

Thanks,

Wilkes

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning wilkes mi upside down friend. Off to the patio with the others for the morning coffee?

You asked -->I note on various occasions you have ventured to locate hidden mines and treasure and quite often find what you are looking for - In the many stories you share, there is often a reason given for calling off your expeditions before actually locating anything of worth and never going back.
Hunitng lost mines and treasures is a fascinating adventure. It is similar to a giant crossoword puzzle, you feel good in finally solving it. In the case of the closed mines, this emotion is there in an exaggerated form. but, in the final analysis the mere fact of opening and putting the mine into production is extremely expensive.

In the case of the mines mentioned in the Tayopa quest , they were established as having existed, and their location close enough so that if one was inclined, and had the finances, it could be quickly be found.

I had my eye on Tayopa alone, the others were simply steps along the way to it's portal, with the exception of the Gloria Pan mine.

When I had finally found the Gloria Pans portal closed with adobe mud, marked with two hand prints and smoked with Ocote Pine pitch smoke, it would have been a simple step to break it open. Hover, my partner, "SAM Hayes", had had a heart attack and wasn't able to be with me. He had remained in El Fuerte. So I reserved opening it and returned to El Fuerte to bring him back to the Gloria Pan for the opening. When I arrived in El Fuerte it was to find that he had died of a heart attack the night before.

We had ben extremely close friends, he taught me to play chess and would sit reading a Readers Digest while checking me continously in 3 - 4 moves sigh..

I returned to Alamos and didn't get back into treasure hunting for several years, Sam's death took the wind out of my sails.. Actually I have never returned to La Gloria Pan to this day. I have my Tayopa to play with. It still has several unsolved mysteries and stories yet to be finished. It's portal amd maim deposit are precisely located, but as I have expalined, the gov't and I have to reach an agreement before I will give them the information, and without their permision I would be stupid to open it first..

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to Live, not live to exist"

I am enclosing an old picture (statute of limitations, remember ?) of an 8 mule train which I found. this is one mule load, my share.

8 Reales.jpg

Attachments

• MyTiger-1.jpg
    MyTiger-1.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 152

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread