Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever say what your interest was in him?
Meanwhile, I had a random thought. Has anyone here ever seen a ghost, or had some sort of experience alobg those lines?

I lived in his house for 32 years. It had a single light bulb in 4 of it's 11 rooms and the bathroom was outside when I moved in. A fixer-upper.
I have no fear and invited the spirits to leave.
They left me be, although once I rented a room to two guys who said they were writing a movie script about aliens and ufo's in the SW. They paid for a month but after a couple of weeks one of them woke up screaming at about 2am. As they rushed to pack up and leave he told of being ridden/raped by a crone. And he was not dreaming.
My guy had married a 12 yr old who lived in the room I rented to the movie guys for over 30 years after her husband died.
I bought it from their grandson.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in his house for 32 years. It had a single light bulb in 4 of it's 11 rooms and the bathroom was outside when I moved in. A fixer-upper.
I have no fear and invited the spirits to leave.
They left me be, although once I rented a room to two guys who said they were writing a movie script about aliens and ufo's in the SW. They paid for a month but after a couple of weeks one of them woke up screaming at about 2am. As they rushed to pack up and leave he told of being ridden/raped by a crone. And he was not dreaming.
My guy had married a 12 yr old who lived in the room I rented to the movie guys for over 30 years after her husband died.
I bought it from their grandson.

Fascinating story. I have read if you suspect spirits are about to ask if you can help. I guess the best course is to keep the lines of communication open :) I've also read no one has ever been harmed by a ghost but demons may be another matter. Sounds like your lodger was beset by a succubus although I thought they were supposed to be beautiful.
Not that long ago marrying a girl of 12-14 was not uncommon.
I love old two story houses. Never have seen a ghost.
We lived on a farm outside Washburn MO with a single story old home built on the site where a home had burned down. One cold morning a woman threw kerosene in on the coals of the woodstove and flames blew out catching the woman's dress on fire among other things I suppose. Her and an infant died in the fire.
I slept in a room off the kitvhen and had found a half dollar sized red glass tear drop pendant somewhere. I hung the pendant on a string from the ceiling to catch sunlight.
One day I was sitting out there at a old desk salvaged from a train station. The pendant was about eye level and maybe a foot away. Suddenly it began to shake violently as if someone was jiggling it. Of course I was staring. The movement continued for several moments and then stopped. The air was not moving, nothing else was quivering. This is the only un natural event I have ever experienced.
Well, about three years ago my brother and I went to a flea market and on one of the walls formed by two by fours and chicken wire I saw a Halloween prop. Long black silky hooded shroud and a plastic head. Something about her face and the whole thing just caught at me. But I didn't buy her. I could not get the creature out of my head and a couple of days later went back and brought her home. Maybe fourteen dollars.
I sleep in a room next to the garage. I hung her up for a bit and was satisfied. Because of the dog I couldn't leave her anywhere he could play with her so I put her in a plastic bag and in a laundry basket in the next room before I got in bed. A few minutes later I heard soft crying sounds coming from the outer room!
I lay there listening and the sound came again. On the verge of being half asleep I thought It's okay. This was directed at her. Apparently I thought I could communicate telepathically with her. As I said, I was sleepy. There was no more crying.
Halloween 2018 I took her out in the dark and took a picture of her. She hasn't been vocal since the first night :) That could be easily explained by my drowsiness and my imagination. But I did hear the soft crying and it came from the room. Edit: Click on the pic and it will right itself. Maybe she is messing with me ;) Second edit: oops it did but now it doesn't.
20181030_005841.jpg

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the co-ordinats fur Tayopa are 28 N, 108 west Look it up in your Google.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating story. I have read if you suspect spirits are about to ask if you can help. I guess the best course is to keep the lines of communication open :) I've also read no one has ever been harmed by a ghost but demons may be another matter. Sounds like your lodger was beset by a succubus although I thought they were supposed to be beautiful.
Not that long ago marrying a girl of 12-14 was not uncommon.
I love old two story houses. Never have seen a ghost.
We lived on a farm outside Washburn MO with a single story old home built on the site where a home had burned down. One cold morning a woman threw kerosene in on the coals of the woodstove and flames blew out catching the woman's dress on fire among other things I suppose. Her and an infant died in the fire.
I slept in a room off the kitvhen and had found a half dollar sized red glass tear drop pendant somewhere. I hung the pendant on a string from the ceiling to catch sunlight.
One day I was sitting out there at a old desk salvaged from a train station. The pendant was about eye level and maybe a foot away. Suddenly it began to shake violently as if someone was jiggling it. Of course I was staring. The movement continued for several moments and then stopped. The air was not moving, nothing else was quivering. This is the only un natural event I have ever experienced.
Well, about three years ago my brother and I went to a flea market and on one of the walls formed by two by fours and chicken wire I saw a Halloween prop. Long black silky hooded shroud and a plastic head. Something about her face and the whole thing just caught at me. But I didn't buy her. I could not get the creature out of my head and a couple of days later went back and brought her home. Maybe fourteen dollars.
I sleep in a room next to the garage. I hung her up for a bit and was satisfied. Because of the dog I couldn't leave her anywhere he could play with her so I put her in a plastic bag and in a laundry basket in the next room before I got in bed. A few minutes later I heard soft crying sounds coming from the outer room!
I lay there listening and the sound came again. On the verge of being half asleep I thought It's okay. This was directed at her. Apparently I thought I could communicate telepathically with her. As I said, I was sleepy. There was no more crying.
Halloween 2018 I took her out in the dark and took a picture of her. She hasn't been vocal since the first night :) That could be easily explained by my drowsiness and my imagination. But I did hear the soft crying and it came from the room. Edit: Click on the pic and it will right itself. Maybe she is messing with me ;) Second edit: oops it did but now it doesn't.
View attachment 1775989

Maybe she needs a kiss to stop crying and messing with you :-* ;D .

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe she needs a kiss to stop crying and messing with you :-* ;D .

She seems happy so maybe I better let sleeping dogs lie :)
I would like to hang her in a tree and scare the crap out of someone. Her head is life size and the cliak is about
five feet long. Be something fun for someone to come up on in the dark :D

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating story. I have read if you suspect spirits are about to ask if you can help. I guess the best course is to keep the lines of communication open

Prince of the Hills,
My idea was and is, that it is my time and my plans. They had their chance at living. My turn now.
I do feel after 3 decades being there that whatever spirits were around must have approved of my rebuilding and exploring. (including the crone). Everything always worked out as planned, or better.

Last edited:

White Heart

Sep 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the co-ordinats fur Tayopa are 28 N, 108 west Look it up in your Google.

Thank you don Jose, I looked at GE and my maps. I drove the Basaeseachic to San Juanito rd a few times, the first time before it was graded, so I see we passed rather close to tayopa. Wish I'd known, woulda gone.
I once walked from the Cascada B, down the Mayo for 2 weeks and then up and over, SE to Santisimo abajo, over to the Otero and SW in to Chimipas in 3 weeks. Truck to Temoris, tren to divisadero, then walked down to the urique for a month, climbing out of the barranca at san Rafael. As you said, on feet, either 2 or 4 is the only way to see that country.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prince of the Hills,
My idea was and is, that it is my time and my plans. They had their chance at living. My turn now.
I do feel after 3 decades being there that whatever spirits were around must have approved of my rebuilding and exploring. (including the crone). Everything always worked out as planned, or better.

Prince of the Hills...liike that. My bloodline is pure hillbilly.
You gave me an idea. Always thought if there are ghosts shouldn't this world be awash in ghosts? But maybe most spirits accept they have had their turn.
Spirits must be a different matter. I mean demons or whatever.
Why were you in Mexico? I wish the cartels were not in control of the country. It would be dangerous to go exploring there nowadays, I think.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5White heart, you are now speaking my language. Alamos to Chinapas were my first trips, then I branched out. Tayopa is south of the road to Yecora,4 hours, dirt all the way. Hill billy asked if Tayopa will ever be opened? That depends upon the Mexican govt, I gave it to them as a patrimony of Mexico - wasn't as generous as it first seems, i didn't, don't have the money to build a road or to operate Tayopa. It was a stopping out process, there never was an shaft or heavy underground mining, why the others failed. I once posted a picture of one of it's workings as another workings. it was a simple matter of scooping up the veins. rich, rich veins, Why you wil never find Tayopa with Google Earth, I used aerial photographs that were made during WW ii, that showed depth. Google doesn't have it. For example this intrusion practically does not show up, yet it is very prominent. jpgintrusive faulting.jpg

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.JPGTHE FULL FAULTING PICTURE.jpg The intrusion uplifted 800 ft of Basalt on the ridge of the sierras on the border between Sonora and Chihuahua. This does not show up on Google Earth. Sonora appears to the right, Chih to the left.You can see the faultlines on both sides of the border.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, GE has a 3D fly-around app but it still doesn’t show that intrusion at or near the 28X108.

#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got to hit the railroad site.
Bob hit my door this morning and asked if I was ready to go and I said heck yeah!

He and his son, and me...
When we got on the top, we figured a few things out.
1. They pulled up the ties.
2. Everywhere else the digging was easy (it was only three inches of dirt, then it was gravel. )
3. When they pulled up the rails, they tossed the nuts and bolts [emoji374] over their shoulders.

You get the picture, right?

But we found a few things that we didn’t expect.
I found a piece of the tracks that had split apart and fell off.
I found a piece of blue glass insulator from the telegraph wire. They ran side by side.

We found a fairly large piece of cast iron, that might have been part of an engine (steam) or railcar axel hub...?

I got a picture of the 3 tunnels that run under the tracks at about 30-35 feet.

All in all, it was a good day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575333750.400635.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1575333835.232737.jpg

#/;0{>~

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got to hit the railroad site.
Bob hit my door this morning and asked if I was ready to go and I said heck yeah!

He and his son, and me...
When we got on the top, we figured a few things out.
1. They pulled up the ties.
2. Everywhere else the digging was easy (it was only three inches of dirt, then it was gravel. )
3. When they pulled up the rails, they tossed the nuts and bolts [emoji374] over their shoulders.

You get the picture, right?

But we found a few things that we didn’t expect.
I found a piece of the tracks that had split apart and fell off.
I found a piece of blue glass insulator from the telegraph wire. They ran side by side.

We found a fairly large piece of cast iron, that might have been part of an engine (steam) or railcar axel hub...?

I got a picture of the 3 tunnels that run under the tracks at about 30-35 feet.

All in all, it was a good day.

View attachment 1776676
View attachment 1776677

#/;0{>~

That could be off a locomotive but no idea. What were the tunnels for?
Looks like that area ought to hold a lot more interesting things. That iron is black!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that big chunk looked like it was big enough to have been part of the driving maid. We weren’t thinking about it while we were there. I got to thinking about it, and you know what happens when start thinkin’ ...
I come up with some strange theories.

The tunnels were to let the stream run through. Two of them are clogged at present. Heavy. Rains have washed a bunch of debris clogging the two on the left. .... zoom in on it.

#/;0{>~

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That Google 3d sucks in my opinion.
Yesterday, I watched a show on the early days of the space race and they were at the CIA Headquarters. Because the facility is off limits to most, they did get permission for a top level official who actually wheeled one of the camera systems down to the lobby of the CIA Headquarters and they showed satellite photos of a Russian base and it was far better than the present day Google. The official said the camera could "read the cover of a book on the ground". The image they showed was incredible. We have all heard that, but seldom see it. This was back in your top secret days wasn't it Don Jose ?

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simon, back during the war years the US photographed all of Mexico, this was based upon the thought that the Axis might invade through her this was with cameras such as you described,with steo capability. This is what I used. Mexico was selling them until Google earth appeared, it is difficult to find a source now.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that big chunk looked like it was big enough to have been part of the driving maid. We weren’t thinking about it while we were there. I got to thinking about it, and you know what happens when start thinkin’ ...
I come up with some strange theories.

The tunnels were to let the stream run through. Two of them are clogged at present. Heavy. Rains have washed a bunch of debris clogging the two on the left. .... zoom in on it.

#/;0{>~

I would want to dig in that clogged up stuff. I imagine a steam locomotive hobbyist could identify that piece.
It was not uncommon for those engines to blow, I seem to recall. The Chinese still rely on steam locomotives according to something I read two or three years ago. You might contact a site dedicated to those trains and find someone who can identify it. Looking at photos it seems like there are possibilities.
CP_steam_loco.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread