All Treasure Hunting
Scan_20200615 (3).png

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose that I shouldn't have posted that, but I was so surprised to see it pop up that I couldn't resist.Appologies. Back to the yaqui's or something else.Swimming with a gigante serpent, cave oI the fleas, or ??

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This man,," a frient.of mine ,believes that he has found the "7 ciudades of Cibola i"n south America, on the river Perene' He was drowned on a attempt to return. this is a riveting firsthand account of Leonard Clark’s search for the legendary lost Seven Cities of Cibola — reputedly home to enormous reserves of gold — in the rain forest east of the Peruvian Andes. A former U.S. Army intelligence officer, Clark is joined on his expedition by Inez Pokorny, a gutsy, multilingual female explorer. Their treacherous journey includes encounters with head-hunting Jivaro Indians, man-eating jaguars, 40-foot-long anacondas, poisonous plants, and shamanistic healers. Against the odds, Clark and Pokorny reach their destination, but nearly starve to death trying to transport sacks of gold out of the dense tropical foliage

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
This man,," a frient.of mine ,believes that he has found the "7 ciudades of Cibola i"n south America, on the river Perene' He was drowned on a attempt to return. this is a riveting firsthand account of Leonard Clark’s search for the legendary lost Seven Cities of Cibola — reputedly home to enormous reserves of gold — in the rain forest east of the Peruvian Andes. A former U.S. Army intelligence officer, Clark is joined on his expedition by Inez Pokorny, a gutsy, multilingual female explorer. Their treacherous journey includes encounters with head-hunting Jivaro Indians, man-eating jaguars, 40-foot-long anacondas, poisonous plants, and shamanistic healers. Against the odds, Clark and Pokorny reach their destination, but nearly starve to death trying to transport sacks of gold out of the dense tropical foliage

Gidday Don amigo

Sadly so much has changed along the river Perene. Today most of natives there are in beautiful isolation anymore. There are several large towns along the river. And river full of international 20 something having gap year adventures rafting down the rivers. Kids there are listening to modern music wearing baseball caps and t shirts. Times have changed even more after the 20 odd years I was there. I could see the change back then no doubt they have smart phones in some areas. What was once wild and untamed has become tamed....

But those legendary travels lives on if only in the memory of those who can see what it once was.

The world is getting so much smaller....The very fact you are reading this I wrote from the other side of globe to me is still amazing.... Kids today take everything for granted a world at their finger tips...

Crow

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow - - . Whot - in - ell were you doing in there? I presume that the other two of the unholy trio were with you ?

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Don Jose amigo

You bet amigo where there was trouble the drunken trio was never far away.:occasion14:

Up on the Altiplano near the head waters of river Perene. Is a large open cut mine Cerro de Pasco. At 14000 feet its one of the highest mining towns in the world. The open cut is slowly consuming the 400 year colonial town. Legend said the depots was first discovered by conquistadors campfire rocks around the fire was so rich oozed silver .

At first the 300 hundred years or so mining was underground but in the late 20thcentury mining became a open cut. As the silver zinc deposit played out the mine got a second lease of life because there is a massive copper ore body under the city itself so the town is doomed to be eaten way by the open cut. I think it was copper from memory? Sadly the city has the unenviable record of one of the most polluted mining cities in the world. Children have double some times triple the world health organization standard for allowable lead in their body.

The drilling company was contracted by that mine to drill their tenements along Perene 100 miles away. But nothing came of importance was discovered.Since then they have been bought out as it was government owned mine and privatized. A Swiss consortium Glencore" bought the mine and tried to clean up 400 years of pollution. Mining is a dirty business amigo. It can bring wealth and better standard of living but it can also bring poverty and slavery as well. In the upper reaches there are tribes still trying to live the old ways but the young want the future like the children of the west expects.

I am not surprised Clark drowned on that river because it flows very fast in floods. However I have no idea about the story of any lost cities there.:dontknow:

Crow

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clark had to make it interestino, which he did .If I had to chose where "Cibola"was, naturallly I would chose mine in Sinaloa , not in South America or extremely to the north of Mexico. but in Sinaloa , as I have said

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Estaban was a 'black' negro. he was a slave fot the Spanih in Florida. He was not killed because of his colos. He as passed around the various tribes. In this was he was moved around the sohern US, gradulation waeSonora, he did not mention Cibola to the yaqui when he pased throough them. The Cibola story started after he was near Culiacan.? he was theb tnd so it went on. Eventually e ended up in Sinaloa, Mexico. he never entioned Cibola when he passed through Sonora, but shortly he commenced to shortly after passing into Sinaloa. After a while so much pressure was put on him that he agreed to lrad an expedition to Cibole. The King of Spain was delightened, he could get his new territory explored d by simply issuing a letter of Royal decree. He covered his bet by graciously allowing the self financd expeditions to have a percentage. The Jesuits
and FrEanciscans were also delightened to have a new source of souls so oave, Thus it gradually came to an end with no luck . Enter me, I remember reading a"life magazine" as a kid before the WWii about how they had sent a team of photographers to Cio the siete cibola. , I don't remember the date, except that I was still in high school. Fast forward I. decided to visit whate there was a they called "Cibola" in the valley of Conajaqui. so I rode my mule into the valley of Conojaqui where I found a s yary old care taker.. There were no houses still standing, but even so I could see the secret of Cibalo, They mixed iron pyrits with their mexsla, when it dried it had golden spects showing There was a church of sorts in a large cave which had drawings and statues f Bufaloa (Cibalo) I stayed with the old caretaker for a few days exploringI think that Ihad a better case that Nason had

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday don Amigo

In regards to Cibola battered old Crow does not have a firm opinion on it. Although I found the legend interesting. But if I was guess? Either in Mexico or south western United states?

Crow

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow and the others, please forgive the errors in my post, but my eyes were very tired a ittle more each day - - time catches up with all of us. well with you any ways.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow and the others, please forgive the errors in my post, but my eyes were very tired a ittle more each day - - time catches up with all of us. well with you any ways.

You write it ...We'll read it appreciatively!

Communication is the goal. Perfection is not.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

No apologies needed Amigo.

After all of these years poking around this world you have earned a few allowances, Amigo

I and the rest of the trio are amazed and many others are enthralled that your still out there dreaming of fortune and glory. Truly an inspiration for all of us to think that "your never too old to dream."

It will be a sad day for many of us here when the time come ya no longer able to post.

Until then amigo post away and we shall all toast away to fortunes found to, fortunes lost and to fortunes yet to be plundered. Like rowdy rag tag tattered pirates we are.

Cheers Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No apologies needed Amigo.

After all of these years poking around this world you have earned a few allowances, Amigo

I and the rest of the trio are amazed and many others are enthralled that your still out there dreaming of fortune and glory. Truly an inspiration for all of us to think that "your never too old to dream."

It will be a sad day for many of us here when the time come ya no longer able to post.

Until then amigo post away and we shall all toast away to fortunes found to, fortunes lost and to fortunes yet to be plundered. Like rowdy rag tag tattered pirates we are.

Cheers Crow

Thanks Crow..from old pirate treasure legends, do you have a favorite tantalizing yarn ?

thanks

TT

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday TT

I have many amigo.

When people think of pirates they think of 17th century golden age or piracy. You known the age when men wore wigs and powdered their faces like women.:laughing7: Like pirates of Caribbean movies.

Well for me their was another mini golden age of piracy between 1811 and 1830. Much more different more squalid and way much more ruthless with far less pickings is of interest to me. An era of pirates much less famous than Kidd, Black beard etc.....

There is much more interesting insight to the desperadoes of that era between 1811 and 1830. An era of great turmoil While The American revolution broke the yoke of arrogance and contempt Britain had a time for her colonies. The American revolution became an inspiration for other colonies to break the yoke of colonial Spanish rule in Mexico and South America. The chance came from Spain being invaded in Napoleonic wars and with the ever tightening squeeze on Spain's colonies to fund the extravagance of the king of Spain. Like the king of England before the King of Spain held their colonies in contempt that bred resentment that the only interest kings had in their colonies was them just being a cash cow.

It was in this era of revolution that in the chaos that indentured privateers turned into outright piracy. It was those tormented characters from that time that tells of poverty hardship unemployment betrayal murder misery and death.

So now behold amigos gather round grab ya self a brew and sit on a stump next to the campfire raggedy old crow has a yarn for ya.....

Crow:occasion14:

Last edited:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gidday TT

I have many amigo.

When people think of pirates they think of 17th century golden age or piracy. You known the age when men wore wigs and powdered their faces like women.:laughing7: Like pirates of Caribbean movies.

Well for me their was another mini golden age of piracy between 1811 and 1830. Much more different more squalid and way much more ruthless with far less pickings is of interest to me. An era of pirates much less famous than Kidd, Black beard etc.....

There is much more interesting insight to the desperadoes of that era between 1811 and 1830. An era of great turmoil While The American revolution broke the yoke of arrogance and contempt Britain had a time for her colonies. The American revolution became an inspiration for other colonies to break the yoke of colonial Spanish rule in Mexico and South America. The chance came from Spain being invaded in Napoleonic wars and with the ever tightening squeeze on Spain's colonies to fund the extravagance of the king of Spain. Like the king of England before the King of Spain held their colonies in contempt that bred resentment that the only interest kings had in their colonies was them just being a cash cow.

It was in this era of revolution that in the chaos that indentured privateers turned into outright piracy. It was those tormented characters from that time that tells of poverty hardship unemployment betrayal murder misery and death.

So now behold amigos gather round grab ya self a brew and sit on a stump next to the campfire raggedy old crow has a ya for ya.....

Crow:occasion14:

thanks Crow..sounds interesting..please do continue as you always have an original yarn ...
TT

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Don Cuervo,

Delighted to hear that you will be spinning more yarns. Just wanted to let you know that we really appreciate you pecking on your keyboard halfway around this world. Your yarns, as Don Jose's, and others always captivates me. I am sitting with my good ear in your direction. I may have to get an eye patch, and put it over my bad ear so people will take caution when they approach me from the left.:laughing7:

Homar

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread