Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
HEY CROSSE.
I ONLY CAUGHT THE FIRST ONE. JESSIE WAS RUNNING UP AND AROUND BOTH BANKS OF THE CREEK. HE CAUGHT SEVERAL AND HE HAD A HIT BY A PRETTY GOOD SIZED BASS, BUT WHEN HE SET THE HOOK, THE REEL SLIPPED OFF THE POLE AND HE WAS TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT HE DIDN'T LOSE THE REEL AND THE FISH GOT AWAY. I SAW THE POLE BEND JUST BEFORE THE REEL FLEW OFF. I'M PRETTY SURE IT THE CATCH OF THE DAY.

AS FOR WHAT KIND OF FISH I CAUGHT, I THINK IT WAS A SHAD, BUT IT WAS BIGGER THAN ANY SHAD THAT I HAVE SEEN.

IT WAS A GOOD DAY TO BE ON THE CREEK.

MIKEL
#/;0)~

MIKEL,

COOL....:thumbsup: YOUR PLAN IS WORKING OUT, AND I KNOW IT'S TRUE, FROM

MY OWN EXPERIENCE, FISHING IS AN EXCELLENT TIME OF

PEACE/REFLECTION/FUN/THERAPY...

...ESPECIALLY FOR ME, IF THE FISH ARE BITING ANY GOOD AT ALL!...:icon_scratch: :dontknow: :laughing7: :sunny: :fish:
:cross:

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Watch the picture ya Oro de Tayopa you.. On second thought perhaps you qualify for the gallows.

The Gallows?... Hmmn... For Oro?... Hmmn :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

He may be right, 'bout that mean streak...:laughing7:

Here, drink a cup or two, let me tell you a lil' tale... Well,

on second thought, your stories are much more interesting...

I'll just sit here and be quiet, how will that be? :coffee2:... A warmer Senor... :sunny: :fish:

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF YOU FOLKS HAVE EVER NODDED OFF A LITTLE IN CHURCH, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO APPRECIATE THIS.

DURING BIBLE CLASS THIS MORNING, I HAD TO TAKE AN EXTRA DOSE OF MY PAIN MEDS. ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES LATER MY EYELIDS STARTED GETTING HEAVY. (NOT THE FAULT OF THE PREACHER) LIGHTENING STRUCK A BIG WALNUT TREE, ABOUT A HUNDRED FEET FROM WHERE I WAS SITTING. THE PREACHER NEVER MISSED A BEAT. AFTER HE FINISHED HIS SENTENCE, HE SAID "WELL, I BET THAT WOKE EVERYBODY UP."

NEEDLESS TO SAY, I DIDN'T HAVE NEAR AS MUCH TROUBLE FIGHTING OFF THAT EARLY NAP.

AFTER SERVICES WERE OVER FOLKS STARTED LOOKING OUT THE WINDOWS. THAT BOLT SPLIT THE TRUNK FROM THE GROUND TO AS FAR UP AS WE COULD SEE. IT BLEW THE BARK OFF BOTH SIDES OF THE SPLIT FROM FOUR TO SIX INCHES EACH.

I'M SURE THAT I WILL HEAR THAT CRACK IN MY DREAMS TONIGHT. IT WAS A REAL ATTENTION GRABBER.

I HOPE YOU FOLKS HAVE ENJOYED YOUR DAY, AS MUCH AS I HAVE.

MIKEL
#/;0)~
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mikel,

I also tend to doze off when heavily medicated, but have my wife to give me the elbow when I start snoring. :laughing7: That must have been one rude awakening. I have been tickled by lightning once, and have also seen a tree hit by lightning about 100 yards from me. Mother nature packs quite a punch.

I didn't get around to ask you about that fishing trip, can't imagine life without a little fishing time. So how was the best part of it, the savory part of it?

Homar

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE,
I WILL START IN ON THE DETAILS, HERE ON MY END, TODAY. IT MAY TAKE SOME TIME TO PRESENT THIS TO DEBBIE.

IF YOU NEED MY EMAIL ADDRESS, IT IS
[email protected]
I AM EXCITED TO GET THIS STARTED.

HOMAR,
YES, MOTHER NATURE IS VERY POWERFUL WHEN SHE IS IN A BAD MOOD. ABOUT THIRTY YEARS AGO I WORKED AS A HARDWOOD LUMBER GRADER. IT WAS IN A METAL BUILDING AND I STOOD ON A METAL TABLE THAT WAS ATTACHED TO THREE METAL CHAINS THAT WERE ATTACHED TO AN ELECTRIC MOTOR.
EVERY TIME LIGHTENING WOULD HIT THE GROUND, WITHIN A QUARTER OF A MILE, IT WOULD DROP ME TO MY KNEES.
IT IS HARD TO DESCRIBE WHAT IT FELT LIKE. BUT I DO KNOW THAT EVERY TIME IT HAPPENED I COULDN'T HEAR NOR COULD I GET UP WITHOUT HELP. MY "FUZZY" MIND WOULD CLEAR UP IN ABOUT FIVE MINUTES.

THE SAME THING WOULD HAPPEN TO ANY ONE ON MY CREW, IF THEY HAD THEIR HANDS ON THE TRACK THAT HELD THE LIVE CHAIN....

ABOUT THE FISHING TRIP. THE THING THAT I REALLY ENJOYED WAS WATCHING JESSIE LEARN HOW TO FLY FISH.
THERE IS A CALMING OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT THAT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED BEFORE. I WAS ABLE TO SEE THAT IN JESSIE'S EYES AS HE GOT THE CASTING FIGURED OUT.

THE BEST MOMENT WAS WHEN HE HOOKED A BIG ONE. THE POLE BENT DOWN HARD AND STARTED RUNNING OFF TO HIS LEFT, AND JUST AS HE STARTED TO REEL IT IN THE SPOOL SLIPPED OUT OF THE HANDLE. HE WAS MORE WORRIED ABOUT THE LOOSE REEL THAN HE WAS ABOUT BRINGING THE FISH IN. THE FISH GOT AWAY, BUT I CAN ATTEST TO THE BEND OF THE ROD. THAT WAS A BIG FISH.

THE FIRST OF MANY MORE TO COME. JESSIE IS HOOKED ON FLY FISHING. AND I AM MAKING FLIES FOR OUR NEXT TRIP.

HAVE A GREAT DAY, TO ALL.
MIKEL
#/;0)~

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Mikel: have had a computer partial crash, lost my task bar . In answer to your pm to me "of course"

Don't forget to be making backup copies of your manuscript amigo, you know the huge blunder I had with that, lost eight years plus research and writing work. I still have the dead PC and hope to extract the files as there are photos which are not replacable and important to that work. Computers are great but crash and die all too easy.

Please do continue, sorry for the side track there.
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY ORO,
THERE ARE WAYS TO RECOVER YOUR SYSTEM AND PLACE ALL OF YOUR OLD FILES INTO A NEW FOLDER. I WORKED ON MY WIFE'S LAP TOP FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS BEFORE I ASKED IT SHE SAVED ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS. SHE SAID THAT SHE HAD A BAGGIE FULL OF BOOKS AND SEVERAL DISCS THAT CAME WITH IT. :BangHead:
WHEN SHE HANDED THE BAGGIE FULL OF CURES. IT TOOK ME TWO OR THREE DAYS TO REBUILD IT. THE RESTORATION MADE THE FOLDER AND SAVED ALL OF HER DATA AND PICS WERE SAVED. THAT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT, THAT PROGRAM HAS BEEN AVAILABLE WHEN REBUILDING A COMPUTER. SHE HAS WINDOWS VISTA PROGRAM.

I HOPE THAT INFO HELPS YOU REBUILD YOURS WITHOUT LOSING YOUR DATA.

GOOD LUCK WITH IT.
MIKEL
#/;0)~

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so I don’t have many stories that are worthy of this thread, but I’ll throw this one out for all of you. Many years ago, when I was young and more foolish than I am now, I spent a lot of time running the Chocolate Mountains bombing range. One morning we decided to take a short cut eats across the range to get to our normal camp site, which was just outside the eastern edge of the range. As we were headed down the road toward the east, about 15 miles into the range (and about that far from the other side as well), there was a tremendous noise. Two F-4s had just passed over our heads at a height of about 100 feet. They went out about a mile or so, in front of us, split, one going left and one going right, and did a U-turn and came right back at us, again at about 100 feet. As soon as they got past us, we decided that we would head north west about 3 miles to the power line and road that went through the edge of the range, figuring that they probably wouldn’t bomb it, at least. We weren’t quite so sure we were as safe as the power line was. Needless to say, we made it out in one piece, but the detour added about 50 miles of dirt road to our “shortcut”. Is that story worthy of a cup of coffee or two?

:coffee2::coffee2: :laughing9: :coffee2::coffee2:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Sock coffee or any other kind, i still like to pay my way, even if it is just with an occasional story or a reciprocal cup. I use clean socks.

:coffee2::coffee2:

JB

dont-tell-smiley-emoticon.gif
SHH! You are letting the secret out! :censored: :o fingerwagging-smiley-emoticon.gif

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
OOPS! I meant...uh...be sure to wipe the sweat from your mule with your socks before making the coffee.....

:coffee2::coffee2::hello2::coffee2::coffee2:

I believe it was Loke, wasn't it? Mentioned the sock trick on Treasure Spirits,
early last year. But I admit, was the first time I'd heerd of it, an I'm even a
Southern Scotch Indian hillbilly, right Reale de Toy... :sunny: :fish:
I don't know, if the sock's always clean though, or just a bit sweaty...

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I USUALLY KEEP TWO OR THREE PAIR OF CLEAN SOCKS AND A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES IN MY TRUCK, JUST IN CASE I FIND A REALLY GOOD FISHIN' HOLE, OR A GOOD PLACE TO SET UP MY SLUICE BOX.

MY OLDEST SON WAS RIDING WITH ME SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND HAD TO MOVE MY BAG OF CLOTHES AND ASKED ME WHAT WAS IN THE BAG. I TOLD HIM THAT IT WAS A CHANGE OF CLOTHES. HE ASKED ME WHY I DID THAT, AND I RESPONDED WITH "DOESN'T EVERYONE? DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU DON'T???" WITH THAT HE JUST MOVED THEM OUT OF HIS WAY, AND SAT THERE QUIETLY FOR THE REST OF THE TRIP.

SO, YES I DO HAVE CLEAN SOCKS IN MY TRUCK.

MIKEL
#/;0)~ ~~()__)
U

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I USUALLY KEEP TWO OR THREE PAIR OF CLEAN SOCKS AND A CHANGE OF DRY CLOTHES IN MY TRUCK, JUST IN CASE I FIND A REALLY GOOD FISHIN' HOLE, OR A GOOD PLACE TO SET UP MY SLUICE BOX.

MY OLDEST SON WAS RIDING WITH ME SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND HAD TO MOVE MY BAG OF CLOTHES AND ASKED ME WHAT WAS IN THE BAG. I TOLD HIM THAT IT WAS A CHANGE OF CLOTHES. HE ASKED ME WHY I DID THAT, AND I RESPONDED WITH "DOESN'T EVERYONE? DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU DON'T???" WITH THAT HE JUST MOVED THEM OUT OF HIS WAY, AND SAT THERE QUIETLY FOR THE REST OF THE TRIP.

SO, YES I DO HAVE CLEAN SOCKS IN MY TRUCK.

MIKEL
#/;0)~ ~~()__)
U

I would have expected nothing less from you, my friend. I too keep fresh clothes, along with water and a little food, some warm clothes, etc. in my Jeep. It is better to have this stuff when you don't need it, than not have it when you do....as I am sure we have all found over the years. By the way, the mule sweat imparts a particularly tangy saltiness to the coffee that is truly indescribable. (Actually, I don't have any mules, I have to substitute horse sweat, should be close, though).

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread