Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT yes indeed I have.

Here is 1949 newspaper article

View attachment 1291325

Amy

Thanks Amy...
Yeah,,the thing is under Dongo treasure yarn there were two treasure stories,,,the first one was the captured and documented treasure but that got lost on its way to Milan,,highly probable it got looted by insiders of the partisan given the murders involved as the document you posted says,,,but there was another treasure that evaded the partisan troops that halted the mossolini/Nazi convoy,,,apparently the convoy had some 200 Nazi armed soldiers,,as part of the convoy in which Mussolini was hiding in Nazi disguise was stopped, other Nazi trucks just pushed through and the partisans which were few in number couldn't stop them quickly and they had to follow that set of convoy some few kilometers before they forced them to stop just on the edge of bridge to swiss boarder...what followed was a standoff between armed Nazi troops and partisans...the partisans offered that they could pass through the bridge if they disarmed otherwise they threatened they would blow the bridge(actually they didn't wire the bridge),,the Nazis finally agreed to disarm to pass through...but this Stand off at the bridge may have taken some hours as it was here a treasure was sneaked off from the trucks and buried around the shores of Como lake...this piece of info came years later from a dying Nazi by the name Colonel Senfelder,,,he confessed that during the standoff at the bridge, 6 barrels of gold and jewellery were buried at the edge of Como lake while 3 suitcases of Mussolini valuables were thrown into the lake...this treasure has not been found though many have tried for years....
TT

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT

A fair amount of people got murdered over it. I dare say the majority of it ended up in private hands. An opportunistic crime in the fog of war.

Pittsworth Sentinel , Tuesday 8 January 1952, page 2.jpg

Amy

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT

A fair amount of people got murdered over it. I dare say the majority of it ended up in private hands. An opportunistic crime in the fog of war.

View attachment 1291790

Amy

Thanks Amy,,,.that is the exact document I read once,,,yeah it is a mafia like business the murders,,,,there is a documentary on the dongo treasure as well
that you can watch on YouTube where people that were on the spot got interviewed and where one explains the standoff
Saga near the bridge,..and also other facts about the treasures and how the TH went over the years..
TT

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT There are littoral thousands of treasure stories all over the world. Some will have more truth to them than others.

Amy

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thanks, TT

Saw your post today, then started reading this thread. Yes, CI is as professional,articulate and resourceful as one could possibly be. I think the old Birdy's trio should really be classed as a quartet....:laughing7:

Looks interesting - all that treasure from WW2 - what I would say me old mucker is this: try some of the old Greco-Roman settlement areas from south-eastern Europe ie., in parts of present day Bulgaria, Romania and Albania. I know they are considered "less-developed" than other parts of Europe, but there has been some amazing finds resulting from that part of the continent. Simply with a metal detector, a rough idea of previous history and a good dose luck, some folk have reaped huge dividends there.

I have been looking into different things and am planning a trip, for the very first time!, to South America later this year. Been busy talking with the ever-inspiring Amy in the "Inca Treasures" thread.

Got another story for you about WW2 treasure, let me check my notes.

IPUK

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi IPUK, they were named by me "the infamous trio" for their adventures in "New Guinea" as drunken core drillers, a misfit crew, which commenced with their infamous "HAKA"dance. We hit it up instantly due to similar adventures and personalities - although me, I am a Saint- I, in the Solomons and Mexico They in NG and also in Kanacki's south seas Islands..

They hit it big drilling on the Dead Horse mine wth shares in the Co, and did "NOT" spend their shares foolishly, but pooled their money and fortunes with Hardrock, the third man, the brains.. :laughing7: A remrkably successful combination.

I agree, AMY would be an asset to the unholy trio. Also adds a touch of beauty to the ugly ole bas----ds - err my friends.

Amy spent some time in the Vatican trying to find any bits of left overs on My Tayopa mine- no luck, the Jesuits were too thorough.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dearest Don

The chaps really did the business with the Dead Horse mine. Reckon they've scaled a few more heights since....:thumbsup:

Amy is the finishing touch to a super team that, as you state, seems to be super successful. The paradigm for wannabes to try and emulate in some small way.

To have access to the Vatican archives really is no small feat. Reckon if you need support with opening up Tayopa, the Trio/Quartet could be an option....:dontknow:

IPUK

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry chaps (and chapettes)

Can't find my sheaf of papers regarding the WW2 story but will recall the details from memory as its only from last year.

Just before the end of the war, in about late 1944, the British government sent, or smuggled, a large shipment of gold bullion to the French Resistance for supplies and purchase of armaments. The shipment was done via the security and intelligence services and was very hush-hush. It was only known to a select few and the source of the gold was questionable.

Anyway, the gold was received in France and buried in a forest by British operatives/spies. As the war ended in 1945, the gold remained untouched and the British wanted it returned but the French obfuscated the matter. The Brits being frustrated by them, sent a British ex-spy to retrieve it under the guise of going on holiday with his wife in the 1950s. But they were murdered inexplicably one night near a remote location under strange circumstances and it made headlines at the time and was described as a assassination of the couple, an industrial espionage murder by some and even that the couple were killed by a serial killer. The British wanting to hush things up, quietly put the incident at the bottom of the drawer and apparently forgot about it....

The gold shipment.....?

Most likely still buried in the lonely spot in the forest......:goldbar:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI IPUK, they were mildly interested, but after Amy drew an almost complete blank at the Vatican, interest has sort of dwindled. They have many more projects, which have a more ready reference.

Regardless, they remain my friends and always will be so, with no ulterior motives on my part. Also I owe Crow for my book cover, he did a brilliant work.

joseph curry tayopa gold of the sun. 2.jpg SunRise.jpg

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Don

That sly old Birdy has many hidden talents - your book cover and blurb attest to that.

Corp would have done a thorough job in the Vatican archive me thinks, but if you believe that there was really many sites where the Jesuits hid treasure, perhaps the crew would have a speculative interest?

I do know that old Mexico has a great, engaging and central history for natives, the Spanish, Mexicans themselves and even their northern neighbours the Americans. It was and is an amazing country and I would not hesitate to say that so much still remains to be discovered.

IPUK

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI IPUK, they were mildly interested, but after Amy drew an almost complete blank at the Vatican, interest has sort of dwindled. They have many more projects, which have a more ready reference.

Regardless, they remain my friends and always will be so, with no ulterior motives on my part. Also I owe Crow for my book cover, he did a brilliant work.

View attachment 1292110 View attachment 1292111

Don Jose

Nice cover . I don't want to criticize , but the " Gold of the Sun " send me to the Incas and reminds the Temple of the Sun . I would suggest something more Aztec .

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Marius, I agree, but the Aztecs also worshipped the Sun / Gold. It is only that we lovers of true history/Treasure stories tend to associate them with the Incas/south America.

That was my first impresion, however it was briliantly done in any case . I will always be in his debt since he obviously was thinking of me and how he could spur me on.= which he actually did.

In other words, I appeciate his effort :occasion14:

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thanks, TT

Saw your post today, then started reading this thread. Yes, CI is as professional,articulate and resourceful as one could possibly be. I think the old Birdy's trio should really be classed as a quartet....:laughing7:

Looks interesting - all that treasure from WW2 - what I would say me old mucker is this: try some of the old Greco-Roman settlement areas from south-eastern Europe ie., in parts of present day Bulgaria, Romania and Albania. I know they are considered "less-developed" than other parts of Europe, but there has been some amazing finds resulting from that part of the continent. Simply with a metal detector, a rough idea of previous history and a good dose luck, some folk have reaped huge dividends there.

I have been looking into different things and am planning a trip, for the very first time!, to South America later this year. Been busy talking with the ever-inspiring Amy in the "Inca Treasures" thread.

Got another story for you about WW2 treasure, let me check my notes.

IPUK

IPUK,,thanks as usual...you also are a great inspiration! Amy of-course seems to be a heavy weight :)..Sure a quartet seems to fit her with the trio!
It is a good idea to look at south east Europe,,but you need to understand the cultures and laws of metal detecting in continental Europe.I am not sure if it is that much friendly like the Anglo/American scene with some exceptions maybe like Germany etc.Anyway it is a good comment!
I wish you a good luck in Latin America!...are you chasing the Atahualpa Gold?8-)
TT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions