Misc. Today, A Couple of Firsts for Me

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see loads hand forged nails as do many of you. While they can be a drag to pick around, it is a good feeling to know you are in an area of historic activity. I will collect a few unique samples, particularly the nice long rose spikes. I was in a site today where several of these chunky crude nails turned up. Since I was near a body of freshwater, the nail with a washer head peened on almost looks to me as a nail meant to be sealed on a small boat.

I found a strange carabiner and a sheep bell clapper. I have found upwards of ten of these small clappers including a couple complete with bell. The bullet I found laying on the forest floor and it reminds me of how happy I am that deer hunting season is over. I no longer wear orange. Another first, aside from the c. 1850 military Scoville Artillery button which I posted earlier, was the crumbling remains of a modern pistol. And yet another horseshoe, of which I usually find around a dozen per year. Hope it brings me more good luck!

tres218.jpg tres219.jpg tres220.jpg

Upvote 13

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that carabiner with the 3 different sizes of open-end wrenches, could come in handy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions