Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
And the rest

Attachments

• Miscellaneous Finds 1.jpg
    Miscellaneous Finds 1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 743
M

mattjd

Nice finds Jer. What kind of locations did you find these? (old house, beach, etc.). That boy's scout pin is pretty neat.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks man. I found alot of the stuff in old picnic groves, parks ,ballfeilds ,old schools, old neighborhoods, old cemetaries. Anywere old that catches my eye. Or somewere I find through readings. Boy scout pin was found in the woods behind a 100yr old picnic grove.

Good luck thanks for the reply Jeremy.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Jer. How do you find the location of old picnic groves. I've done alot of research this winter but no information on picnic groves.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi Haupin, what's up. I know what you mean on the research of them. It comes up empty. First thing I do is go to the oldest parks around here. One park I know has a handful of groves. There usually tucked away. They can be in size from small pieces of land to like football Field size. Try to read every piece of history on your oldest parks around. It will most likely tell you when they were put in. Of course your thinking in your head right now there hunted over well. But actually there not hit very hard. To much trash has accumulated over the years for the typical treasure hunter.They just cherry pick it every time they come along. Then every treasure hunter that goes over him realizes there's nothing but the trash signals there and move on. It happens for years until someone like myself decides to take some patience maybe have a few garbage outings before I start to find gold rings and Indian heads. And all sorts of other good stuff left behind. And if for some reason they hit it cleaned out. There's always the woods surrounding them that they almost never hit. Most groves I have found are secluded. Somewhat hidden. The best one I ever found was by luck. I was walking an old park right. And walked into a giant open Field hidden behind a bunch of buildings and newer playgrounds. The site held tons of coins. No one knew it was just right back behind a few newer buildings or I'm sure it would have got hit. You could go to the library and look at photos of your town on micro film. Look at old newspapers that may show you were gatherings were. Hope this helps. Picnic groves are very productive places to hunt. Look for nice small comfortable pieces of land in the parks were people could have sat. I mean in the woods of the park. Look for little hill tops. Were people could walk off the path and just have a nice view of the park maybye while they sit down and have a smoke or something of that nature. Found many of coins that way also. People back then loved to just site down and enjoy a view. Something that us people today don't do enough of. You'll be surprised what you come up with when you let the imagination fly. Always tell your self I'm not going to hit the obvious spots but the not so obvious spots and you'll come up with more. Hope this helps sorry it's so long.

Good luck with it. Hope this opens up a new treasure hunting window for you. HH Jeremy

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Jer. I guess I'll go hit the library again this week. I have a couple of old atlases and maps but they don't show parks or groves. I guess I have to dig deeper.
Oh yeah, I did ask my mom and she said there was a sulphur spring down the road from where she grew up. She said that is was a picnic/make out spot. She used to go down there after the weekend and find money. I can't wait to find it.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No problem man. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. The spot your mom talked about sounds good. Always stuff to find down lover's lane. Keep us posted and keep searching. That next spot could be the mother load.

Take care Jer

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, still waiting for my first shield nick and FE cent.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you go about dating the Boy Scout pin? I have a few scout camps in mind. The cuff link is nice. I found one, a gold plated oval from the lawn of a 1880 house. The only problem is that like earrings you usually only find the one.

Keep Digging!

Ed

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, The boy scout's pin is dated on the back pat. 1911. yeah I know what you mean about trying to make a pair of something.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread