Miscellaneous stuff over the summer and tonights find.

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011
Miscellaneous stuff over the summer and tonight's find.

The first three things I believe are plate. The little pitcher type thing says EPBM which if research serves me correctly mean Electroplated Britannia Metal. if that's not right, please correct me. The serving tray, I tried looking on some sites for that name, Carovallo(?). The sticker is a little blurry and worn, and says tarnish resistant silver (plate?), but it wears away at the end.

The little canister with the chain and lid, I have no idea. Got it in a SA thrift shop for $3, just because it was weird.

The gold I posted on here a few months ago, but the pics were really bad, and a lot of people couldn't make it out,so I retook them. It tested real, and weighs about 12g with the fresh water pearl. Paid .25 for it at a Church rummage sale (in the last five minutes of the last day!).

That game system I picked up tonight. Only had the cartridge that came with it, but it's an 8-track. Has all the literature also. $10 at a SA.

Attachments

• th1.JPG
    th1.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 730
  • th2.JPG
    th2.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 767
  • th3.JPG
    th3.JPG
    210.1 KB · Views: 759
  • th4.JPG
    th4.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 810
  • th5.JPG
    th5.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 833
  • th6.JPG
    th6.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 830
  • th7.JPG
    th7.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 837
  • th8.JPG
    th8.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 878
  • th9.JPG
    th9.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 873
  • th10.JPG
    th10.JPG
    303.4 KB · Views: 894
  • th12.JPG
    th12.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 889
  • th13.JPG
    th13.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 932

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Miscellaneous stuff over the summer and tonight's find.

Nice picking - love the vintage omni game
The serving tray says caravelle - you can find 'em on ebay
:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011

Thanks. Looks like it's probably plate then.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

I am not sure what to think of your gold pin. I have a feeling it is plated.. that green corrosion for lack of better word worries me.

Nov 17, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

creeper71 said:
I am not sure what to think of your gold pin. I have a feeling it is plated.. that green corrosion for lack of better word worries me.

I was thinking the same thing.

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011

famous turtle treasures said:
creeper71 said:

i had it tested at a jeweler. they didn't think it was gold, so they tested it. It was my first gold find, but like i said I only paid a .25. Maybe I'll get a second opinion. Thanks, guys.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA

Brian B said:
creeper71 said:

i had it tested at a jeweler. they didn't think it was gold, so they tested it. It was my first gold find, but like i said I only paid a .25. Maybe I'll get a second opinion. Thanks, guys.
Your confusing me, if they tested it why would you think it isn't what they said it was? if it tested as not gold then it isn't gold

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011

creeper71 said:
Brian B said:
creeper71 said:

Your confusing me, if they tested it why would you think it isn't what they said it was? if it tested as not gold then it isn't gold

Sorry, bad word placement. They didn't think it was gold by looking at it. So they tested it, and they said it was. So for the confusion. Re-reading it, I see what it looks like. But they tested it because they didn't think it was, but it was marked. And it passed the test.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Didn't someone else on this board post a very similar gold item like this previously? I think it turned out to be gold clay or something like that.

OP
OP
B

Brian B

Mar 22, 2011

jerseyben said:
Didn't someone else on this board post a very similar gold item like this previously? I think it turned out to be gold clay or something like that.

Yeah, that was me a few months back. But finally took some better pics. The item is stamped 14k, and from what I understand any of the metal clays end up being almost 100% pure, because of the process that makes it. IIRC, someone posted a wikipedia link on how it's done, but I could be wrong.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brian B said:
jerseyben said:

Yeah, that was me a few months back. But finally took some better pics. The item is stamped 14k, and from what I understand any of the metal clays end up being almost 100% pure, because of the process that makes it. IIRC, someone posted a wikipedia link on how it's done, but I could be wrong.
That was me (I think???), the "clay" burns off during firing.

Precious metal clay- PMC was developed in the early 1990s in Japan by metallurgist Masaki Morikawa. As a solid-phase sintered product of a precious metal powder used to form a precious metal article, the material consists of microscopic particles of pure silver or fine gold powder and a water-soluble, non-toxic, organic binder that burns off during firing. Success was first achieved with gold and later duplicated with silver.

It's commonly 22k gold.
http://www.metalclaysupply.com/PMC-Gold-Clay-p/52071.htm?gclid=CKHp14TowqwCFRAj7AodxWVYpQ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread