Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if the print was bad, but the cut was terrible! :tongue3:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I see it, but I'm not believing it. ...Don't see how that could have made it out of the Mint. Where'd you get it?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
NWS the final bid at this auction, if I owned the bill I would get it authenticated and graded.
The 4th Edition of the Official Red Book of US Currency (2010) mentions values between $330 (VF-20) to $675 (New) for similar bills.
Don.......

OP
OP
Q

Quique32

Greenie
Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that would be amazing i post more pics as soon i get back and have it on hand thanks

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awsome if authentic..I would certainly have it graded..:occasion14:

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Granted, as a novelty cut, your kind of bill looks to sell for about $20, which is probably what you paid.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be very skeptical of such a cut. People buy uncut sheets and purposely cut these bills wrong for novelty purposes

My thoughts exactly. Way too easy to fake this type of error. But if you can get someone to pay you $100 for it, take it!

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
counterfit. same serial number on both halves. not a whole sheet miscut.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Serial numbers are consistent with sheets, and are not identical. Look at the first three numbers. Counterfeit or not can not be determined solely by the images provided, but I suspect a deliberately miscut sheet. I could have done the same had I bought a full or half sheet when my wife and I took the tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in DC a few years ago.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Be very skeptical of such a cut. People buy uncut sheets and purposely cut these bills wrong for novelty purposes.
Is that legal? I mean, isn't it against the law to deface money? ...And they get after folks for picking an eagle feather off the ground and taking it home. Indeed! :protest:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
No, it is not against the law to oddly cut sheets of paper money. It is against the law to fraudulently alter legal tender. If this is the result of someone deliberately miscutting an otherwise legally obtained sheet of bills then representing it as an error, that would be a simple case of fraud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions