Miss Stamped Wheatie

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6
When it comes to knowing anything about coin values over stamps, miss stamps, I'm lost. :icon_scratch: I was just going through a bunch of wheaties I have had in a box and found what looked like a 1941. I thought it looked strange and upon looking closer noticed that what looked like a 1 was stamped at a 45 degree angle into the 4. Then I thought perhaps it was suppose to be a seven but is far to close. Anyone see anything like this? I'll try and get a pic and post it tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys.

OP
OP
U.P. Northwoods

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6
Hey Cosmic that's it! Exact same thing. Thanks so much. Guess I'll keep this seperate from my others and take a closer look at them all. :thumbsup:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'd charge them .02 for the penny and 50.00 for shipping that way I could make a buck after all the fees

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This unfortunately isn't a Mint error or a variety, but rather damage done by the machines that rolled the coins back then. The feeder fingers (I'll have to double check that term when I get home) that crimped the end of the shotgun rolls had a habit of grabbing and distorting the last digit of certain dates, 1941 being the victim most often.

What's it worth? Whatever someone will pay...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread