Missed an opportunity!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well I had to take my mother home today so I cleaned out ALL my detecting stuff and left it home and then drove her home, an hour-and-a-half away. Pulled up in front of her house and this is what I saw!

The next door house that is over 100 years old has had between 4 and 8 inches of topsoil scraped off! And of course I didn't have my detector.

I have found 4 wheats and some tokens and toys in the yard before so I am sure that I would have found something. I did walk around for 5 minutes and found 3 copper pennies and a marble.

My mom is going to find out how long it will take for them to finish and haul new dirt in. So I MIGHT still get a chance to hunt the spot but I doubt it.

Attachments

• ATT00001.JPG
    ATT00001.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0

Uncle Willy

Oct 5, 2005
Yeah you need to hit that begore it gets covered up. You might find some goodies and you might not but you'll never know till you try.

Bill

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Found out a little more tonight. The ground was contaminated with Lead. They scraped off the top layer and burned it. They are now bringing back in 4-6 inches of dirt tomorrow. So no hunting the spot. :'( :'( :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread