Mississippi arrowhead collection

carl

Jun 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering if anyone can tell me what these might be worth? arrowhead collection.jpg
Thanks!

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, nice collection. I would never sell though. What part of Ms? North, south??

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you acquire them? Did they come with a story about the recovery? How much do you value them? I value all the artifacts I found as priceless and will never sell them.

OP
OP
C

carl

Jun 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was offered then on a trade,he said he found them on the Ill. side of the mississippi fiver.
Hotzone I was wondering what they where worth,he said he walked about 4 hrs per piece.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it sounds like you have made your mind up, before you do walk his walk until you find an arrowhead to add to them. If you still feel that way try an online auction. Sell one at a time to get most money!

lawdog601

Jul 14, 2012
I see a few items that depending on condition, material, age, etc., could fetch several hundred dollars (each). Some appear to be "run-of-the-mill" types worth anywhere from $5 each and up. Provenance is important and would have possibly increased the value, e.g. - markings or labels for each point, blade, scraper or otherwise detailing the general area in which it was found. For obvious reasons, you wouldn't want it to pinpoint the location though. Maybe just the county where it was found and the date.

I would suggest that you take a few to the resident archaeologist for the ranger district (US Forest Service), in the area of the state that you live. The one in Forest, MS specializes in ancient Native American artifacts...FYI. Great collection!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread