Mississippi Artillery Button - Middle Tennessee

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
Hi,

Attached is a picture of a Mississippi Artillery Button I found today in Middle Tennessee. It is a size 16 mm (possible Kepi size?). This is my first State Button. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I looked in the hole and this button was looking up at me. It was only 6 inches deep and rang as a solid nickel on the F75. I almost didn't dig it as I was getting tired of digging very tiny shreds of aluminum foil, and the Mississippi Artillery button sounded like another piece of foil.

Attachments

• Mississippi Artillery button.JPG
    Mississippi Artillery button.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 110
  • Mississippi A -  back.JPG
    Mississippi A - back.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Upvote 13

easttn

Greenie
Jan 6, 2015
Cosby, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Attached is a picture of a Mississippi Artillery Button I found today in Middle Tennessee. It is a size 16 mm (possible Kepi size). This is my first State Button. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I looked in the hole and this button was looking up at me. It was only 6 inches deep and rang as a solid nickel. I almost didn't dig it as I was getting tired of digging very tiny shreds of aluminum foil, and the Mississippi Artillery button sounded like another piece of foil.

Awesome find. Congrats Mike.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find. What type of site was it found at?

OP
OP
Mike N Tn.

Mike N Tn.

Jul 1, 2008
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
The Mississippi Artillery button was in a "Hunted Out" Army of Tennessee Winter Camp (Confederate).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions