Mississippi Open Carry: The 2nd Amendment Is Your Carry Permit - See more at: http://

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Mississippi Open Carry: The 2nd Amendment Is Your Carry Permit

While everyone was watching news in Colorado during the final weeks of the recalls, Mississippi was instituting a new law to allow the open carry of firearms without a concealed carry permit.

House Bill 2 was passed in Mississippi's last legislative session and signed into law by Governor Phil Bryant (R), but put on hold in July when Circuit Judge Winston Kidd issued an injunction to have the legislature "clarify it."

On August 29 the Mississippi Supreme Court "unanimously upheld the... open carry law," setting the stage for it to take effect.

Fox News carried the Mississippi Supreme Court's ruling:

This court now finds that the circuit judge erred as a matter of law when he found House Bill 2 vague, and therefore, unconstitutional. He also erred when he stated that 'a reasonable person reading the bill could not discern what the allows and what it prohibits.'

State representative Andy Gipson (R-Braxton) sponsored House Bill 2. He says the ability of law-abiding citizens to openly carry firearms for self-defense "confirms, in a very real sense, the right to keep and bear arms."

Adding to this, Governor Bryant said House Bill 2 reaffirms the right to keep and bear arms not only as set forth in the Bill of Rights, but also in Mississippi's constitution.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still wouldn't go there - now maybe more than ever.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still wouldn't go there - now maybe more than ever.

Mississippi is a beautiful state, been through but never lived there..... I would have no problem spending time there and their open carry wouldnt bother me in the least......... Wish Florida would return open carry, I have had several policemen I talked to say they prefer open carry...............

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,, I think I will take my next vacation there! It's a whole lot safer than Illinois and DC!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,, I think I will take my next vacation there! It's a whole lot safer than Illinois and DC!

Heck from sounds of it Ms would be a good state to move to. To live.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread