mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go and look for the tot lots. They are good at finding clad and you do get luck and find gold and silver now and then......Matt

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should thoroughly research and investigate Brookhaven and find the good places there. So many folks dream about going "somewhere else" and over look what's right under their own noses. I live in a very small town (about 5,000 people) and have at least a half dozen or more places WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE of my house that offer coinage and jewelry going back to the town's founding in about 1833. I found these places through research, then asked permission. At least 3 of these places are city owned and my town has no laws forbidding detecting. :laughing7:

Happy hunting. :icon_thumleft:

Cass

Feb 16, 2005
Hey Troy, that is some great advice from Shortstack! You are in an area with much history.Port Gibson is not far from you and it's history is as rich as it gets., Plenty of Civil War activity all over your area, as well as pre CW plantations. If I recall, some of Mississippi's very earliest history beginnings were right there in your area. Also some 1812 and earlier troop activity in that area if my memory is correct. Whatever, go to your local library and scrounge what you can from the history and geneaology section if they have one. Get a library lady to help you.They enjoy helping us Amateurs find stuff like that and, and it will amaze you just what is right there waiting to be found.Check all the online historic Map sites for old roads and towns. When you head for the dirt, just be sure you have permission from who ever owns the land. Some folks are friendly to detector dudes and some are downright hostile, so be sure you got the situation in control before you head out. You will learn that the research can be half the fun, so remember, and enjoy it everytime you learn something new. Chances are always there for you to find that piece of info no one else has, and that always excites the hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread