✅ SOLVED Missouri finds

shaf

Oct 6, 2008
20150426_155222.jpg

These are all uniface. The top two were found together as well as the bottom three.
Jackson County Mo. Any info on type or age??

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

shaf

Oct 6, 2008
20150429_171155.jpg

Here is the 3/4 groove axe my buddy found in the same area.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask where were they found?

mission

Aug 7, 2013
iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This group must have traveled to north central Iowa because I found a axe and a point this year that match those perfectly. I am also curious as to an age guess.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to take the part of the Grim Reaper but the reason why they are all the same type and they are uniface and hardly even worked at all is because they're bought in bulk and sold at gift shops.
Looks like your buddy has been playing a game with you ..you should tell him somebody wanted them so bad they paid you $100 each for them.... I bet he'll come out with the story then.
I wouldn't be too sure he found the axe

76-02-Header-Lg.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

shaf

Oct 6, 2008
20150422_144723.jpg

Here are four more that he found. I don't believe the guy salted the area because the owner is older and does dialysis three times a week. I personally found the five in the first pic and I thought the same thing about the points. The owner would not salt the area and then go down there and work like he does to dig these up. Not saying it wasn't salted but this guy owned the place for about twenty five years and the only reason he started digging was that he found the scraper in the above pic first. Thanks for the honest replies.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm talking about the ones you said you found I guarantee you they are not authentic Missouri Indian artifacts and you're the one I think was salted.
Please don't take this the wrong way but I'm not really interested in what your buddy found or what he said he found I'm only commenting on the ones in your original post

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been doing some searches and haven't found any good info for you. Is it possible to upload them using the pic icon in the thread so we can enlarge them to see the flaking? I think they might be knives and not points but I'm a novice so I'm not sure.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhh... I give.... one of these days when I'm all grown up people will listen to me... And I'll be big :-)

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those look like ones you can buy at the lake of the Ozarks at any store ,,,, but i maybe wrong ?

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
doesn't them being uniface pretty much make them suspect? I'm sorry if they are fake shaf, on the other hand, I thought so at first glance, and all I know is what I've found and from looking at good examples on this forum, of both authentic and modern...and what I've seen at the local museum souviner store. Hope I'm wrong!

OP
OP
S

shaf

Oct 6, 2008
I thought the same when I saw them, but wasn't sure. I do know that some of them are the real deal. Thanks again.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shaf,

If I saw those first five points that you posted on a shelf or in a frame, I might put my glasses on for quick closer look and then just walk away. That's my opinion and, I wish you good luck in future finds.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last pic you showed Shaf all look good. Gator and the rest are spot on with the first set of photos! One flake wonders can be bought in almost any flea market or other antique type market...........GTP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread