Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it, Lucky!! 8) Everyone is sure to have a great time hunting for those CW relics!! :icon_pirat: Isn't this the place where you were finding the buttons a couple of years ago? That could be an awesome site to hunt!!!

Nana :icon_sunny:

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on dates and school, I am also ready to see old friends. The opportunity to find CW relics is an added bonus. Jim

OP
OP
lucky1777

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
OK, I am still working on a date for the hunt. A lot of the hold up is with my dad. He is currently in the hospital with some serious heart problems, so I have been spending a lot of time there. They are going to attempt a procedure tomorrow to try and restore a normal heart rhythm. They tried 2 weeks ago and it did not work. He is starting to retain fluid and it is getting harder for him to breath or just move. So we sure could use some prayers. The site is in Athens. http://www.mostateparks.com/athens.htm My property is spread out thought the park. So each lot has to be taped off so no one wanders on to state property. So, yes you would be hunting in a state historical site but on private property. I am trying to get some more property to hunt, but will need so more time to talk with the owner. I will let you know when I get a few dates in mind and let everyone pick which one would be the best. The website should tell about available camping and there is a hotel in Kahoka, which is 11 miles away.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
TakeYOUR time brother no ones pushing here, we can do it next spring if neccasry. prayers sent.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky

Depending on the date....
Maybe some of us from Chicago area can make it....Sounds like it will be fun....

Keep us posted...

Sorry to hear about your Dad...
Prayers and thoughts are with you.....
Bob

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i am in nw missouri count me in st. joseph not far from you i am still working on getting the old and new maps from the amusment park at lake contrary so i can tell who owns the property now and what sat onwhos property ibbasser is interested and hopefully savant might want to help out

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky add our prayers to the others for your dad! You take care of your family we will wait for you to let us know how he is then anything else can wait!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
First things first, take care of your Dad and then we will work on having a hunt. I know exactly what you are going through and it is rough. My pops is still here and as ornery as ever so don't give up hope. 14 years ago they said he was only gonna last 2 more years at the most and he has stuck around just to prove them wrong. If and when you are ready to set things up just let me know, I'll be glad to help out however I can. My best talent is cooking so if you want to have a big cookout while we are all there I would be more then happy to volunteer to feed everyone. I'll bet Nick Papageorgio will be there too, we will let him do the dishes when it's over (he may want to do a little cooking too...we'll see) ;D

Charlie

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Prayers for your dad as we speak.Us old guys are a might tougher than you youngins think.Stay near him,lucky,and give him all of your time you can.As others have said,the hunt is secondary.God bless.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
I agree with the rest of the bunch. We may be the rowdy bunch and a little onary, but we know that family health will always come first and should. My prayers to your family.

GregD

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
My prayers go out to you, your Dad, and your family. That's so gracious of you to volunteer your property and all
your efforts for a Missouri Hunt. However, as everyone before me has said; Your Dad comes first. We all
understand and appreciate all your efforts.

Keep us posted, take care and "God Bless".

"blklab" Doug
Overland Park, Kansas

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Another rider here. I am in! Fall or spring, you pick it. Hope it all works out and prayers for your family on the way! :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto what the others said. Take care of family first. :) I'll be praying for you all.

Nana :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count me in. Been a heart patient since 1995 and know how unpredictable things can be, Don't rush things. I've seen a couple of really good hunts fall apart lately and would like to make one soon. Check with some of the people who have hosted hunts in the midwest and get some ideas how to make it more fun for everyone. Monty

Excavateur

Mar 21, 2009
MO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Lucky,
Most importantly I'm hoping for a quick return to good health and comfort for your Dad and for your family to soon be relieved of this situation.

It seems that many of us who follow this board are eager to meet and with your generous proposal get to enjoy our hobby in a extraordinary historic location for the mid-west.

I don't wish to give away any secrets but with what you have said I believe the area you are referring to is in fact about as far north-west Missouri as one can get. Heck, it might even be closer to Canada than it is to the bootheal. :tongue3:

For those of you who are interested in the history of the area check these out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1861)
http://www.mostateparks.com/athens.htm
http://books.google.com/books?id=al...-kya4C&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9

Regards,
Excavateur

Attachments

• Martin_E__Green.jpg
    Martin_E__Green.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 462
  • Nathaniel_lyon.jpg
    Nathaniel_lyon.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 409
  • battle_athens.jpg
    battle_athens.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 463