Mistake??

DirtToad

Greenie
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I may have made a mistake. I found a nice fellow with a Eagle II for $250. We chatted awhile and though I think I should have bought it I didn't. I guess the thought of a few parts being irreplaceable kinda stopped me. I even called Whites to see if it could be worked on if any of that happened and nope some parts can't be replaced. I may shoot for a 5900 idx pro sl or 6000 pro sl... I want deeper coins my current MD only cuts to about 51/2 in low foil disc, but has excellent disc. Any thoughts?

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
White's has some new models coming out this month, The Treasure Master $298 and the Treasure Pro $398. They can be used in the rain with no harm. They both use only 2 AAs for power & each weighs 3 lbs. Both have large numerical IDs & many more features. The Treasure Master has a 9" round concentric coil, like the Coinmaster Pro & Coinmaster GT. I believe the plan will be to have a 10" DD coil for the Treasure Pro. I think auto ground balance (& tracking for both??) & the Treasure Pro will have a lock I guess so ground tracking can be turned off in high trash areas, which could otherwise confuse the tracking circuit. I believe they will have White's usual 2 year transferable warranty? They'll be back on their website when available. I'll probably wait for a few reviews before deciding. I'm sure people will be discussing depth & disc accuracy amongst other things. Best wishes, George (MN)

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites will work on about anything, its parts availability that's the problem. I have a Eagle Spectrum that works great but if the LCD screen ever goes out its finished as they don't make screens for them anymore. Using modified DFX screens on the XLT's now for the same reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread