Mistrust of Banks Leads People to Bury Cash

ianSF

Apr 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
This makes me so glad I know how to use a metal detector...

Just goes to show, if you bury a cache, don't get interviewed by the paper!

-------------------

http://www.smartmoney.com/Investing/Economy/time-to-bury-your-cash/?ref=patrick.net

Of course, there’s opportunity in every crisis. Earl Snyder, a Sarasota, Fla., home builder who first buried cash after the S&L crisis and currently tends a subterranean stash of gold coins, recently launched a Web site and eBay listing to sell an invention he calls the Midnight Gardener: a 12-by-4-inch capped, watertight PVC pipe. As his listing notes, the device is “designed by a licensed septic installer” (“That’s me!” Snyder hoots) and perfect for burying “over $4,000 in gold, silver and paper money.”

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
10mid.jpg

$19.95. :o

or

hardware store, pvc pipe+caps+glue =few dollars.

pi1.jpg
pi2.jpg
pi3.jpg

all have a good un.....
SHERMANVILLE

K

Kentucky Kache

This guy will probably make a fortune for something people can find at their hardware store. Kinda reminds me of the pvc chairs people sold plans for back about 20 years ago.

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and when you dig it up it will smell like rotton eggs and the bank teller does not want to touch it .that is paper money i am talking about.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bildon said:
and when you dig it up it will smell like rotton eggs and the bank teller does not want to touch it .that is paper money i am talking about.

You just have to "launder" your money. A little fabric softener maybe. Gentle cycle :wink:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Tensas had a friend that use to live in a RV trailer. He had a waterproof box buried in the ground under the trailer and a piece of PVC pipe run up into a closet area in the trailer. Just had a PVC cap over the pipe end to remove when making a deposit.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Seajay, forgive my ignorance, what is the bleach for?

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
...he dropped by the hardware store, then stopped into the bank, where he withdrew $8,000 from his CD account, all in 20s. Back home, he slipped the four inch-thick bundles into a Ziploc bag, popped them into a waterproof PVC tube and set out for a remote location on his 300-acre property, where he dug a deep hole with a post digger. And then he buried his money.

And how many of these types of caches will never be dug up again? Trouble is, this wouldn't even be found with a metal detector.

Jay

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
Cache Crazy said:
This guy will probably make a fortune for something people can find at their hardware store. Kinda reminds me of the pvc chairs people sold plans for back about 20 years ago.

Or like that dog toy, you put a tennis ball in a plastic arm and with a flick of the wrist it whips the ball for you. :icon_scratch: Heres a thought. Save 20 bucks and throw the darn thing yourself, you lazy bums!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GrayCloud said:
Seajay, forgive my ignorance, what is the bleach for?

GrayCloud bleach is used to remove the ink. Counter fitters would use bleach to remove the ink from $1 and $5 bills so they can have the right paper to make $100 Benjamins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread