Mixed mode help

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I start off in relic mode and turn mixed mode on but all I get is a buzzing noise over a target kind of like what vco sounds like pinpointing. Is that what it is supposed to sound like? If not could someone explain what the process is to set my machine up to get max depth or a setup for mixed mode. I mainly relic hunt.

leeinsc

Aug 4, 2013
I'm no expert, but have tried mixed mode on my XLT. It is noisy and is best in areas with fewer targets like open fields. I can't use it on my local ball fields. Just too many targets in close proximity. After a few minutes, I'm ready to shoot that thing and put it out of its misery. Search the web. There are good mixed mode programs posted out there. You have to be careful how you set up mixed mode. It's been a while since I've used it and I can't remember the details but the are covered in the manual and in the posted programs. Good luck

OP
OP
kshollywood

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the help

msviking

Feb 13, 2013
Flowood, Mississippi & Orange Beach, AL
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Minelab CTX3030
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Other
I should refresh my memory with the manual but from memory, if you are using the speaker and not headphones, in MM the all metal runs untill you are over a target then the disc. mode audio over rides. With the headphones you have the ability to put all metal in one ear and Disc. in the other. Either way, the all metal mode is noisy, but you can adjust it's sensitivity and volume to keep it lower. some people when relic hunting like to know when they are near iron.

by the way, I am your neighbor in Flowood, MS

Robert

OP
OP
kshollywood

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I should refresh my memory with the manual but from memory, if you are using the speaker and not headphones, in MM the all metal runs untill you are over a target then the disc. mode audio over rides. With the headphones you have the ability to put all metal in one ear and Disc. in the other. Either way, the all metal mode is noisy, but you can adjust it's sensitivity and volume to keep it lower. some people when relic hunting like to know when they are near iron.

by the way, I am your neighbor in Flowood, MS

Robert

I'll be in flowood next week for Christmas. Wanna go hunting? My videos are on YouTube under kshollywood if you want to see what I've been finding. Email me at [email protected] and we can exchange numbers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread