ML EXP II Tips on pin pointing?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
My Cousin has an Ex II and it pin points to where the target is under the minelab sticker on the coil, not in the center as with some other machines. ( about half way between where the lower rod fastens on to it, and the front side of the coil ) Another thing to help on the blisters is to use some rubber palm cloves, I haven't had a blister since I started using them.
It also keeps all the crud off of your hands, after using them for a while, I can't stand to be without them.
Hope this helps, Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

Leon; I'll give that a try. Maybe thats where i'm off. Hunting old fairgrounds today, with nice lawns and didn't want to be out there hacking and hewing. Or just scareing worms. Thanks for the tip. HH

sandnsea49

Jan 16, 2005
Temperance, MI summer-Sarasota, FL winter
Detector(s) used
Etrac, XP Deus, Excalibur 1000, Whites Dual Field PI, Makro Multi Kruzer
I have an Explorer XS and pinpointing isn't too bad. Every once in a while i can't find the target. But, I have a sunray X-1 probe attached to my detector and that takes care of the problem. I would be lost without it.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i have found with mine that when you are on target, be sure to move coil off to side until you hear no target before pushing pinpoint button....failure to do this and you will hear machine pinpoint everytime you move away from target instead of on top of target...........

M

mchamby

Hi, I'm having the same trouble. I just bought a Exp 2. My other machine is a BH3300 and I could pin point fine with that machine. I have tried making a garden with coins and trying to see exactly where it centered but I am just not getting the hang of it. I took it out in the drive way and found one dime and 4 and 1/2 pennies (one broken) that my BH had missed but I dug much too big of holes I have to do better to dig in someones yard. I'll just have to keep plugging away. I like the machine otherwise.
MChamby :'(

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

(Sandnsea 49) Was suppose to be a probe to come with detector. But never made it, and had it reordered. I'm sure that will help. ( Gldhntr ) Your right I put it to the side, but still have trouble. I've noticed too that sometimes putting it to the side i'll have it near something else, not realizing it . And it will distort the pin pointing. I'll work on that. ( Mchamby ) I'm not use to the open loop coil, and i think it might be part of my problem. Hey Guys . Thanks for your responses and help. HH

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
had an explorer got rid of it because pin pointing was a big problem with it.great machine though. used it for about 1.5 yrs. went to whites dfx much more simpler machine with excellent pin pointing.

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

AAAMEN !!

I really like this detector. It has continued to impress me from day 1. It truely picks up the deep ones with ease, and makes depth of detection a non issue. It instills confidence that if you pass over it, you'll hear it. OK! OK! So i fell in love with it. I didn't intend for it to happen, it just happened ! But all that aside. There comes that dreaded moment when you have to get down and start probing and digging. Then it becomes a love, hate relationship. Pleeeease!! Somebody help me!!! You think maybe that i should have gotten a prenuptual agreement when i bought my new love??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread