mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night we had another bad storm here. went to Cape to do some errands, when I came out of store, the weather was lookin pretty wicked, so I jumped in my car & sped home (an hour away) to try & beat the storm. I arrived home with just time to get a flashlight, round the animals up & made a mad dash for the basement. I love to play in storms, & have a hard time not going out to see what there is to see. but not this time!! the winds were making the trees do the limbo. we had over 4 in. rain in 45 min. of course lost power, but I'm always prepared for that. came back on around 9 this morn. much faster than I expected (Yay line men!) trees in road, leaks both upstairs & down, (first in the 12 yrs I've lived here) all I can say, is I can't imagine what being in a hurricane is like. I am thankful to still have my home, & no injuries. Hope others can say the same.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7: wouldn't wanna be in one of your storms then!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're expecting storms all day today. Already had 2 quick downpours, first last just over a minute and probably dumped a 1/4", the second lasted a good deal longer and had highway traffic down to 15mph the roads were rivers. Best part is the worst is still to come :laughing7: Right now it's sunny and hot like nothing ever happened :icon_scratch:

They may have called the weather right :icon_thumright:

Let's hear it for the Jersey weather people, they got 1 right in a row :laughing7:

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you made it home alright. We only had a little wind and rain here. The temperature is awesome compared to those 100's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread