Modded Lesche!

Ole # 7

Feb 13, 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lesche.jpg Lesche (2).jpg

After hunting my family's farm and finding countless nail spills, I decided to come up with a way to find tiny bits of ferrous in the hole that my detector and pin pointer could see but my eyes couldn't. It amazes me how small the targets can be that my Whites MXT Pro can find! I added a "Super" magnet to the end of my Lesche handle with a little good 'ole J-B Weld. I'm sure someone has thought of this before, but I haven't seen it, so I thought I'd share!
Dig On, Brohams!!!:headbang:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice idea, but you should have replaced that sucky stock grip first!
Nice motocross bike grip is really worth doing for $6

OP
OP
O

Ole # 7

Feb 13, 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY!!! I like the stock grip! Although I've only used it a few times.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you wake up on a Monday morning after 2 days straight of 4 - 5 hour hunts and your hand and wrist is killing you, it will be next on your update list!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you just cut off the original handle then glue on the new one or does it just slip on?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you just cut off the original handle then glue on the new one or does it just slip on?
They slip off..most of the time on there own i had to glue mine back on after the first hunt...they have a 2 sided tape you can use or glue it if you dont want to change it for along time

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just stuck mine in a vise and used a pair of channel locks to twist the original loose. Had some sticky stuff on the metal shaft... Just slid on the bike grip and it has been good to go.
This is what I used, but bought from my local Bike Line store.
Amazon.com: Black Ops Turbo Grips - 1 Pair, Orange: Sports & Outdoors
A trick to get them on is to use compressed air blown in the small hole in the end while you slide it on...

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that bike shops use cheap hairspray to lubricate the grip and when it dries the hairspray serves as an adhesive. Haven't got around to trying it yet but this thread may motivate the to try it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread