gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There, I'm with texasred! As far as modern country music, those were about as modern as I get :)

Try some Robert Earl Keen Jr.!! He is as good as the old guys, not really mainstream, maybe too much outlaw in his music. His first three albums are great. The Highwaymen, (Wiilie, Waylon, and Johnny Cash) even named an album of theirs after one on Keen's songs featured on that album. I couldn't get youtube links to work, but if you listen to some of his stuff I think you and all the folks who like older C&W will appreciate him. "The Road Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends" is a great modern C&W ballad, and many of his other songs are real good with none of this modern namby-pamby pop music sound of most modern "C&W". I like Jimmy Rogers, Merle, Buck Owens, and a lot of the old guys, but Keen is the only modern singer/songwriter in C&W I really like.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was younger I listened to all the Country songs off the juke-box at my Uncle's tavern. When I was in the service we would but the rock albums new during the mid seventies. We would listen to them in the barracks. I like a wide range of music but I want to be able to hear the lyrics without resorting to a lyric sheet. I like a lot of the "newer" Country but some of it is getting close to classic rock so I can see where some stricter Country fans are coming from. I think a song by Glenn Campbell "Gentle on my mind" is becoming popular again by a group. I use to joke around and sing it as "It's snowing that your door is always open and your path is free to walk" I never could figure out why someone would have their door open or how their path could be free to walk if it were snowing.
Sure. I'm a rocker. When my daughter decided to start listening to modern country....rather then rap, I paid attention.
Being a guitar player the "modern" country sparked my interest. I have listened to everything as my dad had thousands of records.
Yeh they use pretty girls in their "modern" videos....I wish they wouldn't but what am I to do?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Some female themes for sure.
Hey Kemp your vid ain't comin up. Private/disabled or somethin.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know what you get when you play Country Music backwards?

You get your wife back, your job back, and your dog back.:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like a lot of modern country music is recorded with all the instruments at top volume. Like noise instead of music.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread