moe.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 713

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OH MAN.... SOOO sorry to hear that.... he and I did some hunting on the Marquesas Key years ago... what a GREAT GREAT treasure hunter. If I am not mistaken, he hauled up more gold (by hand) than any other treasure hunter from the sea.

I hope some people chime in here from the Fisher camp - about how he pulled Dirk, Angel and Rick Gage from the Northwind.... not to mention his legendary nose for gold.

I am so sorry I didn't get off my butt to stay in touch with him. He was one of the most humble, genuine, and generous persons I have ever met.

:-(

LOVE YOU MO.

Marc

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
In deed a very sad day in the treasure hunting community. Many of us have been inspired by Moe more than once....He will be missed...

R.I.P MOE

PyrateJim

Nov 28, 2004
Sterling Hts., MI.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Sea Hunter mark II
Moe will be truly missed. I just got off the phone with Mary (his wife) and we had a nice conversation. He passed unexpectedly and quickly at home.

He will truly be missed.

R.I.P. my good friend. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Here is Moe in July of 1993 aboard his vessel, the Virgalona, on the day of our Jewlery find on the Cabin Wreck.

Attachments

• Midas Moe.jpg
    Midas Moe.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 686

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R. I. P. OH GREAT HUNTER,WE'LL MISS YOU. MIKE

captcwew

Apr 24, 2011
Key West
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked with 'Mo-Mo' in 1979 through the early eighties at Treasure Salvors, Inc. on the Virgalona. He was a legend in the treasure hunting community. He is missed by his family here in Key West and other parts of the world. Rest in Peace my friend.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thoughts and prayers with Mo and his family.

I guess you now know where all the treasure is, but it sure seemed like you knew where most of it was!

The stories he could tell could make one forget they were on the ocean to find those treasure.

Kind and generous, thanks for helping out a newbie!

The man with the midas touch had a heart of gold!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mo was one of the few who became a legend before he passed over the bar. I hope to accomplish a fraction of what he did. Our prayers are with his family and loved ones.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Mo was a mentor to me and a friend. We just spoke a few weeks ago in Sebastian and he appeared in good spirits.

Mo taught me how to set up a 3 pt. anchorage, how to pull and secure the lines and how to work under the blowers. My son Danny made his 1st treasure dive off the Virg at the age of 5, thanks to Mo.

Nobody could find treasure as well as he could. He will be missed.

Tom

Attachments

• DAN&MO.JPG
    DAN&MO.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 730
  • Molinar_Gidus2.jpg
    Molinar_Gidus2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 643

azactor

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2010
I knew Mo through HRD and worked with him in the summers of 2003 & 2004. He taught me a lot during those 2 summers. He was a good friend and he will truly be missed. Rest in Peace my friend. I'll see you on the other side where I will wait for you to utter those words to me once again, "Today's the Day"!

-Billy B.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
a true & real legend in the treasure hunting bussiness with a real "nose" for finding gold --one of the real "old school masters" of treasure hunting from back in the days before there was 100 miles of red tape to have to gnaw thru first before being able to get at a wreck.

his will be sorely missed * -- his deep love and knowledge of the sea and the treasures within it was vast -- plus as some say -- he had the "touch" for finding gold , and that in its self is a "special gift".

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am deeply saddened to hear news of this...
To your family and friends...sincere condolences.
You made such an important positive impact and played such a key role to the treasure hunting community...
You will live forever Mo.
Sail on...sail on.

Trez

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
Always with a smile and words of encouragement, Mo
defined everything that endures as legends in this
business. I met him on a few occasions and spoke
to him through the years, he was certainly one of the
few remaining "old skool" guys.

His finds and his legend lives on. This is his history
and so many will truly miss him.

R.I.P. Mo. And may your family find comfort in this
very difficult and saddening time.

Reef Dawg

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm truly sorry to hear this. It never occurred to me that this day would come. A great treasure hunter has rejoined Mel.
Aquanut

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An icon has left us. A character is gone. Will be in heaven making plans to find some treasures with Mel and others.
RIP Moe
VV

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am very sorry to hear of this loss to your community guys/gals..... seems he was every bit the legend judging by peoples kind and thoughtful posts.

RIP good sir!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mo's service's will be held on Thursday at Stone Funeral Home 317 N. 7th Ft. Pierce. Viewing from 10 to 1:00 Pm, services at 2:00. An opportunity to celebrate the passing of a good man, an icon and well known and respected character in our little family of adventurers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread