Mohawk Merc and milk bottle

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for less than an hour, since my battery went dead :BangHead: Stupid me forgot to charge it.

Well, my first target was the '45 merc with a mohawk....Looks like someone gripped it with something and tried stripping it or something. I first thought I scratched it with my Lesche when it was still in the ground, and then when I pulled it out, I knew that it wasn't me that did that. Don't people know not to do that to old coins that I find.... I don't like them in that condition. :nono:

About 20 feet away, I found the Logan Square Dairy Co. Half Pint embossed milk bottle. First in tact milk bottle I've found. It's pretty cool. Can't wait to go back to this spot with a fully charged battery. :laughing7:

Enjoy and HH!

Attachments

• mohawkmerc.JPG
    mohawkmerc.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 153
  • bottle.JPG
    bottle.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 159
  • bottle2.JPG
    bottle2.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 153

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice milk bottle, never saw one like that before. Straight outta my hood too! I've got a lot of Bowman milks, I used to collect those like crazy. I nearly shed a tear a few weeks ago when I accidently broke one. Oh well.

Nice punk merc too! I'm all about anarchic-themed currency. Oi oi!

Joe

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Now that's a unique Merc!! She looks like she's falling fast, even though she's not moving! :)

That milk bottle is in great shape! Like Joe, I found a Bowman that was in that condition a while ago.

Great digs!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I threw AA's in that extra battery pack that came with my detector and keep it in my trunk - just for emergencies like this one. :wink:

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmanfromtexas said:
l4s, how did you get that bottle so clean? I cant ever get mine that clean. TMAN...

There was a ton of dirt in this one, just the neck was showing, but out of curiosity, i checked it out. Long and behold, it was whole. I just flushed it with super HOT water for about 15 minutes, and the rest with a medium toothbrush.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
I'm thinking someone hit it with a lawn mower on a hot day. Pretty cool looking IMO. :headbang:

Sweet bottle too! ;)

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY UNUSAL COIN AND A GREAT BOTTLE!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep great finds for sure!!! :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice premium creamer! Logan Square just might have some name value. Was the dime near a RR track? Love the look.

OP
OP
Lookn4Seated

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
Nice premium creamer! Logan Square just might have some name value. Was the dime near a RR track? Love the look.

Maybe 300 yards away....or just slightly more?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread