MOJO in your MOJAVE

tucando

Greenie
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
Detector(s) used
White's VISION/ MXT Pro- GPZ 7000/3500 & BFO'S- GM3-Compass 77 AUTO
I have found the Mojave with the 4" coil is deadly in trashed out areas under bleachers or along play areas where the pavement meets the turf. Working along the edge of basketball courts right along the edge is amazing on how much good stuff you can pull out.

The normal is lots of tin foil and other trashy targets, but the little 4" really does a great job on coins and best of all is the small jewelry and rings!
Good Hunting!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shoot I've been having a ball picking out good targets using the 7 inch search coil on the Mojave, I bet the 4 inch search coil does a really great job!

tabman

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder how the 7" Precision coil would work on the DeLeon?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today my Tesoro Mojave Injun tracked down a nice size silver coin spill, some more silver coins and a 1892 5 dollar gold coin. I love my Mojave! It has more than paid for itself and it's super fun to use. It hits really hard on gold and nickels. I will be posting pictures later on today in the 'Today Finds' forum.

tabman

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today my Tesoro Mojave Injun tracked down a nice size silver coin spill, some more silver coins and a 1892 5 dollar gold coin. I love my Mojave! It has more than paid for itself and it's super fun to use. It hits really hard on gold and nickels. I will be posting pictures later on today in the 'Today Finds' forum.

tabman

Awesome!

150 miles east of you Im digging up rusted red clay lol...

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow..!

tabman

Just amazing..! Too much treasure near you... :occasion14:

OP
OP
tucando

tucando

Greenie
Mar 24, 2008
Washington
Detector(s) used
White's VISION/ MXT Pro- GPZ 7000/3500 & BFO'S- GM3-Compass 77 AUTO
Congratulation Tabman! You are probable the first gold coin finder with a MOJAVE. There is a lot more out there and the 12KHZ is a great frequency on the Yellow stuff !

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd bet it's a perfect coil for DeLeon.

I'll be talking with Allen at Tesoro, Monday. I am very disappointed with my 5.75 coil. Worked one day for about an hour. I've tried everything, all it does is buzz and all over the place. I wanna talk trade, with me taking a little loss. Worth a try.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tabman!!!! Absolutely amazing report.

Do you think it has a lot to do with the precision coil, or more the Mojave?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be talking with Allen at Tesoro, Monday. I am very disappointed with my 5.75 coil. Worked one day for about an hour. I've tried everything, all it does is buzz and all over the place. I wanna talk trade, with me taking a little loss. Worth a try.

I bought the new RSD coil. I hung the cable first time out. They fixed it no questions asked. I paid shipping to them and they paid shipping back. No worries....

Be nice......lol

Edit: I see you said trade. Dunno......good luck.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, what do you mean by, "I hung the cable".

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am wondering how deep this detector will go. Good hunting and good luck.

On a good size man's gold wedding band, probably around 8+ inches in good soil. The Mojave is super hot on gold and nickels.

tabman

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, what do you mean by, "I hung the cable".

Caught the cable on a piece of bush, messed it up inside the connector I guess, solder joint? I had just bought the coil new from a Tesoro dealer. Got a business card and note back from Rusty.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
silver too...

On a good size man's gold wedding band, probably around 8+ inches in good soil. The Mojave is super hot on gold and nickels.

tabman

Makes silver sound sweet, too!
Mine found me both, a Barber dime and quarter today - on its very first outing! :sunny:

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just curious what were your settings?.gets it done for you!..thanks!

j.t.

Sensitivity at the halfway mark (straight up) most of the time, but had to run it lower ('bout 3) after some storm clouds darkened overhead. Seems like it was sensitive to the clouds and it got chirpy... Then it started to rain.
Started off with GB on the "low" but in many spots it got too chatty, so switched to high and then back to low a few times. There was gravel around with small hot rocks, and muddy sand in some other places.
Disc was just barely past "i" in iron the whole time, so it was telling me about a few bottlecaps (getting scratchy) but not fully ignoring them; it was knocking out nails there, making them click.
I did dig some foil, nuts & bolts, screwcaps, tabs...

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Caught the cable on a piece of bush, messed it up inside the connector I guess, solder joint? I had just bought the coil new from a Tesoro dealer. Got a business card and note back from Rusty.

As Service Manager for Tesoro, Rusty really takes good care of Tesoro's customers! I always buy from Rusty when I buy a new Tesoro detector. He will bend over backwards if need be to tell you how best to use the detector that he sells you. Other brands of detectors, I always buy from forum sponsors.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread