Molossia allows MDing 24/7, anywhere

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Micronation, Molossia, allows metal detecting in all areas of the nation, and any time of the day.

President Kevin Baugh confirmed to me in an email response:

'I allow metal detecting in all areas of Molossia, any time of the day. I will also accept a nomination, pending application, to make 'metal detecting' the official hobby of Molossia, as the title of 'Official Hobby' remains unfulfilled.'

Here's the nation's official website, if anyone wants to go detecting there.... This is not a business link or anything...

Republic Of Molossia - Official Website

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
haha, you mean that 1 acre of so in the Nevada desert where the nut thinks he's a sovereign nation? haha. Or you could have looked at it this way too: seeing as how he's got a website, you could look up the laws for his "nation". Barring something there that said "no metal detectors" just go. Although, ....... it doesn't look like much potential on his 1 acre, haha

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does someone declare their land within a state and the US a soverign nation? I didn't think that was possible to do as the laws of the US and the state would apply since it is within the borders of the US.

The only thing close to this I can understand are native american reservations but as far as I knew, those were the only lands that were soverign within US borders.

Jun 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DID NOT send an email allowing people to wander around my yard metal detecting, so that is pretty much a bald faced lie. Regardless of your opinion of my micronation, I'm certainly not going to let people roam my property at all hours metal detecting. Nor am I going to declare metal detecting an "official hobby" of Molossia. What corner of your imagination did you create this email from?

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there goes my vacation plans, great. :-)

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this Molossia is got there own Space program... Just read up on some info on Dayton and there was a Fort Churchill was once an active U.S. Army fort. Built in 1861 to provide protection for early settlers and was used til 1869! Place was loaded with artifacts and bottles.. Here is a 1981 .PDF from the Nevada Culture website on a Archaeology report on what they found that is 300 pages http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=muDKI4NtZT-XwVt6DR7GkA&bvm=bv.47534661,d.dmg

Last edited:

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I DID NOT send an email allowing people to wander around my yard metal detecting, so that is pretty much a bald faced lie. Regardless of your opinion of my micronation, I'm certainly not going to let people roam my property at all hours metal detecting. Nor am I going to declare metal detecting an "official hobby" of Molossia. What corner of your imagination did you create this email from?

Welcome to the forum Mr. President, I'm sure you got a bunch of emails about this farce and that is why you joined up here so you could respond and set the record straight, but don't be a stranger, come back and join in, there are many sections of this forum and I'm sure some of them would be of interest to you and your countrymen!!!:flag_green: :headbang:

Well Viddy, it didn't take long for the Pres to veto your email scheme did it!!!:laughing7:

I thought it was rather weird that he would allow anyone to metal detect in his country, after all they only allow visitors to come there only if they contact them a couple of weeks in advance and then only for an hour or so!!:icon_scratch:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How does someone declare their land within a state and the US a soverign nation? I didn't think that was possible to do as the laws of the US and the state would apply since it is within the borders of the US.

The only thing close to this I can understand are native american reservations but as far as I knew, those were the only lands that were soverign within US borders.
These sovereign citizen's are claiming many foreclosed mansion's /property's in my area ,as they are "not subject to U.S. laws" LOL LOL

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, you ,ean like squatters?

I read a little about that but didn,t know they were claiming soverignty. I read in some places if someone takes over the property and lives in it, even of they have no rights to it, that after a certain time frame it becomes there property legally somehow. Sound really strange to me...

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE!
AS OF 10:35 PM EST, I have just declared WAR on the sovereign State of Molossia. My Republic of Viddyville is now in a state of War, and I have declared Martial Law in my house. My 3 cats will not be allowed out of the house, and we will have lights out at 9:00 PM EST to deter bombardments from the air. I will also patrol my property lines with my Etrac looking for land mines and some occasional clad. My INVASION goals and timeline for this war are as follows:
#1. I am fashioning video cameras onto Radio Shack remote control helicoptors for my 'surveillance program'
#2. I have declared my tool shed 'Area 52' and it will be used to test and develop new weapons and V3i programs.
#3. I will be borrowing this M4 Sherman tank form the local VFW for my 'ground force'. (pic attached)
#4. I was thinking of something like a Normandy landing, but that will not work since it's in the middle of the desert.
#5. To have 'boots on the ground' by the end october 2013 and an occupying force in place by 2014.
#6. I will follow the Geneva Convention and will accept a UN Charter after my victory.
#7. My victory parade will be down the main street of Molossia by Spring 2014 at the latest.

Attachments

• M4 Sherman.jpg
    M4 Sherman.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 71

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your post and looking at that "Sovereign State of Molossia" website just made me laugh and shoot Pepsi out on my nose. Thanks for the laugh tonight. Viva Revolution

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is great news!!! I hearby declare the 2 acres on which I reside The Sovereign State of Molehaven. The newly inaugurated First Lady won't allow a weapons program to stop the coming Japanese Beetle invasion, (she says traps and pesticides will kill birds, stray dogs, and small mammals) the lawn guy says the only other solution would be to let the yard become a "haven for moles" and they will kill the larva in the ground...Hence the new Nation of Molehaven...The Pull tab State...Offical motto...E Pluribus Mole Hillus.

OP
OP
Viddy

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So many micronations... so little time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions