Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was putting in a faucet for my mom I told her. I bought a metal detector I've always hunted mostly old dumps and such.

She was very happy and broke out her coin collection (pictures later today)we picked threw for awhile then she told me when she was a kid she remembered
My grandfather buried his ww2 metals and misc other items and never found them before they moved
When ground thaws its game on

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Did she give you any indication that she knew approximately where he burried the stuff? If so that would make it much easier. Good luck!

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way cool! First hand family accounts are the best. When my great grandpa died he had an old house from the 1920's & we found numerous things hidden all over the place. I was young, but found jars of Silver Dollars, Silver certificate Bills, and now that I'm older makes me wonder if he buried anything. The basement is a dirt floor, so I'd imagine so. Trying to get permission from the property owner, but he isn't to fond of the idea. Good Luck to you.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious,why would he bury his world war 2 medals? And id check on what type of other misc items he buried there,I wouldnt want to go chopping away at a hole full of hand grenades. Good Luck!!

HH John

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me the real "treasure" is in sitting down with your Mom while she shares old memories of her coin collection and her father. :icon_thumright:

Good luck with your hunt!

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious,why would he bury his world war 2 medals? And id check on what type of other misc items he buried there,I wouldnt want to go chopping away at a hole full of hand grenades. Good Luck!!

HH John

Not sure what else the grenade kinda freaks me out though
Grandpa had 12 kids 9 boys that were always loosing or taking his stuff so he hid his treasures

OP
OP
Joe hunter

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I'm new to this sight and apriciat how helpful everyone is thanks

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what else the grenade kinda freaks me out though
Grandpa had 12 kids 9 boys that were always loosing or taking his stuff so he hid his treasures

Makes perfect sense to me,I would not doubt that alot of the elderly ppl do this exact same thing because of family members taking advantage of them! That reason alone would make this cache a priority on my list!! Good luck recovering it!

HH John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread