Monday Day Off Work, Guess what I did here in NW Ohio?

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well had the day off from work Monday and got work done around the house and then headed out metal detecting some of my old sites. Many of them still had crops in them, but all and all still had a great day. I found 2 Indian head pennies, a Saint Christopher medallion and a, I think token with Benjamin Franklin's picture on the front and on the the back New York on the bottom and Broas Bro on the top of the back. Beats me what it is, but I'm sure someone out there can tell me. I guess hour wise not to profittable, at least that's what my wife said. But I thought it was a Great Day to be outside, doing my favorite thing, Metal Detecting. From the weather report, it looks like it's going to be rainy and maybe even snow flurries this week. Heck I've hunted with snow on the ground before. You know how that cabin fever is ha ha. Take care and HH

Attachments

• Benjamin.jpg
    Benjamin.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 448
  • back of benjamin.jpg
    back of benjamin.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Ask and Ye shall receive...Google is a wonderful tool:

http://www.indiancent.com/market/nycwt.htm

Here is the item description for the one you have:
NY NYC-630 .L-4a R2 BROS BROS PIE BAKERS MS-61BN NGC $50.00 See Image
Popoular half card with Benjamin Franklin on the reverse

(It's pretty close to the top of the page)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bmanofnbc, I knew someone would come up with the answer. I'll go look right now. Thanks again and HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Looks like a pretty profitable day to me!!!

Great finds!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked at the page you told me about bmanofnbc, and it was a close one, guess I should have told you that on the middle of the coin in the back is Army Navy, you can see the navy pretty well but the army is just about gone. I'll keep looking, man you guys are great in looking up stuff. I'm going back to google and look up the bread token I found Saturday, picture was in my post. HH you guys

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great digs,,, WTG!!!
Sounds like that token may become a little more profitable for ya...
Good luck 0n the ID, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone for all the replies. No Baddog, the token isn't like the one you sent me from E-Bay. It has a picture of Ben Franklin on the front and Broas Bros on the back top and bottom it reads New York, in the middle just barely readable it reads
Army and Navy, the pictue of it is at the top of this page. Thanks again everyone, I can't wait to get back out hunting. It did snow here in Ohio today and was very cold. But as long as the ground dosn't freeze I'm good to go ha ha. Later guys HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic. Great digs. Mondays should be declared metal detecting day with finds like these.

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
I still think it's the same one, only the one I posted is worn out or mis-struck on the back.
If you look closely you can see part of the "A" in Army & the bottom of the "Y" in Navy

701968020.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread