Monday's Park Finds

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did a combination of woods hillside and grass areas on MLK Day with the stock coil. I found a couple lower mintage coins, pigeon band AU-55-GIC-523 and other finds. Highlights below.

1919-S & 1957-P
2020-01-20_18.59.11.jpg 2020-01-20_18.59.49.jpg

6 Wheaties, 1933 the oldest. Arcade token & a mini musket ball?
2020-01-21_17.02.50.jpg

1955 Pigeon Band and a dog.
2020-01-21_17.18.15.jpg

Overall better day than i expected. 6 silver coins fty.

Upvote 20
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well done, congrats! :occasion14:

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of silver. Congrats on a productive dig.

SnowDigger

Jan 10, 2019
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Nokta FORS CoRe
Nokta Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the little Scottie dog! Great finds!!! Congrats!

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. The mini musket ball could be buckshot or something (I don't know anything about bullets so don't quote me on it).

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Multiple silvers and additional keepers... man, sounds like a great day! I was wonder where you could dig in the winter when I saw Pittsburgh... i live in Ohio but work in Washington, Pa! Unfortunately with my schedule working on all these frac pads out here I wouldn’t have time to detect... but congrats on a successful day out... Ddf.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great hunt I love adding coins to my collection those are some good ones. Keep rippin. Tommy

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Hunt!!! Congratulations :occasion14:

OP
OP
Metal Headz

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silvers. How many wheats FTY?

I'm currently at 20 Wheaties fty. Once spring hits I'll dig more mid tones to give my Indian/buffalo count a boost. I'm cherry picking the high tones for now.

Multiple silvers and additional keepers... man, sounds like a great day! I was wonder where you could dig in the winter when I saw Pittsburgh... i live in Ohio but work in Washington, Pa! Unfortunately with my schedule working on all these frac pads out here I wouldn’t have time to detect... but congrats on a successful day out... Ddf.

The grassy areas are starting to freeze up thru the first couple inches but the older coins are deeper than that usually. The wooded areas don't freeze up under the leaf clutter. Maybe once the days grow longer you can hit Washington Park before going home. Assuming that's possible for you.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently at 20 Wheaties fty. Once spring hits I'll dig more mid tones to give my Indian/buffalo count a boost. I'm cherry picking the high tones for now.

The grassy areas are starting to freeze up thru the first couple inches but the older coins are deeper than that usually. The wooded areas don't freeze up under the leaf clutter. Maybe once the days grow longer you can hit Washington Park before going home. Assuming that's possible for you.
Washington Park... once our season lightens up, along with the schedule, I will drag my gear out with me and look that up! I’ll make sure to let you know, be great to hook up and hunt together... Ddf.

OP
OP
Metal Headz

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Washington Park... once our season lightens up, along with the schedule, I will drag my gear out with me and look that up! I’ll make sure to let you know, be great to hook up and hunt together... Ddf.

Sounds good, I haven't been down that way for a while. About a 30 minute drive from where I live.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions