jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hartford herald. (Hartford, Ky.), 17 April 1907.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg

The Hartford herald. (Hartford, Ky.) 1875-1926, April 17, 1907, 1, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Found It :coffee2:

someone wanna Fill My Hole back in ?

These Minelabs Go Deep !

00.jpg

0.jpg

Seriously Though, What are the odds it's still laying There ?

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Even if the location of his cabin were found outside the pit, searching would present another challenge: "In 1974, most of Lead was added to the National Register of Historic Places under the name of the “Lead Historic District”. Over four hundred buildings and 580 acres (230 ha) were included in the historic district, which has boundaries roughly equivalent to the city limits."
Source:
National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
Don.......

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:sadsmiley:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eh, theres a pretty good distance between lead and deadwood. Since he seemed to be living out in the boonies alone, I doubt it would be in the lead city limits. that town hasnt grown that much and probably shrunk since the boom days.

Now, whether or not anyone back then would actually dump several hundred dollars into a grave and walk away, I highly doubt it. May have been his wish, may have been the story spread, but I bet there were a few guys that went home $100 happier that day. although it would make a good research project because the old man could have had more stashed around his placed.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eh, theres a pretty good distance between lead and deadwood. Since he seemed to be living out in the boonies alone, I doubt it would be in the lead city limits. that town hasnt grown that much and probably shrunk since the boom days.

Now, whether or not anyone back then would actually dump several hundred dollars into a grave and walk away, I highly doubt it. May have been his wish, may have been the story spread, but I bet there were a few guys that went home $100 happier that day. although it would make a good research project because the old man could have had more stashed around his placed.

I also wouldn't rule out Someone Who knew where he was Buried Being Only too Happy
to read that story Back then :laughing7:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Ditto to the statement about the location of the miser's cabin, it was out in the hills north of the town, not in the town.

Thanks for sharing this, please do continue,
:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions