Montage 2

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may have lost a bunch of good pictures in a computer crash about 4 months ago. This is a brand new laptop. I thought I had them all saved on another external hard drive but they aren't there. Maybe on a disk at home. I hope so. Here are a few more some of you may like. They were taken years ago with a different camera so quality will be lacking on some I'm afraid. Hope ya'll like them.

john

Attachments

• American Queen.jpg
    American Queen.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 189
  • American Queen 2.jpg
    American Queen 2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 168
  • caven rock.jpg
    caven rock.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 171
  • City of Natchez.jpg
    City of Natchez.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Navy supply ship.jpg
    Navy supply ship.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 185
  • New Orleans city front.jpg
    New Orleans city front.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 173
  • New River Mountain Quarry.jpg
    New River Mountain Quarry.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 168
  • Old factory.jpg
    Old factory.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 178
  • ship.jpg
    ship.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 176
  • ship 1.jpg
    ship 1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 176
  • stbd. wheel and flanking rudders.jpg
    stbd. wheel and flanking rudders.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 173
  • wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 172

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, Capt,

Wow1 These are some great shots. That AMERICAN QUEEN is a beautiful craft. Would love to ride on that one.
In the pic that says caven rock; is that a natural cave or is it man-made for use as a drain or something? At
the frontof the floor it looks like it may have been worn smooth by flowing water.
The New Orleans shoreline looks something like the downtown Detroit shoreline except yours look lots newqer and cleaner.
I like the pic of the New River Mountain Quarry. Boy! there are conveyers running all over the place.
Are the props in these pics under a tug?

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed looking at them

Ray

S

seger98

Hey Capt, is that third picture down the place they call "Cave in Rock" along the Ohio river? It sure looks like that area... I don't think it's far from "Battery Rock"
The wife & I were there a couple of years ago.

Nice photo's!

Chris

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pictures there should be alot of good places to treasure hunt along all of those water ways :) :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
There's an almost incalcuable number of pirate stories around Cave in Rock. Real murder and plunder took place there.

You do put on the miles, Cap!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, I had the pleasure of seeing the docks in New Orleans, & the "Paddlewheeler'.
The 'cave' looks intresting.

Fossis.............

jerrync

Aug 26, 2006
archdale N.C.
Thank's for the pics capt. more beautiful memories of riding on the paddle wheelers gawd them ladies sure was pretty and verry friendly. first ride i didnt pay for anything but got plenty high lol and more phone #'s than i could call.second time i messed up n took a lady friend along lol. is that old factory across the bridge in algiers? now that was a BADD n dangerious place back then i was scared i'd be killed before i got out n back across the bridge. jerry

OP
OP
capt1989

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray,
The props are the ones moving my boat. I did have pictures with a fellow standing by them for size comparison (they are pretty big) but I fear they may be gone forever along with 6 years worth of others. (Back up your files people, your computer may crash!!!) Cave in Rock (it was late when I labeled the picture) is supposed to be one of the hiding places of Jesse James and his gang years ago. It is a natural formation. I may be able to find a pic or two of the trucks that haul the rocks at the quarry, they are the size of a small house! Just up river on the city front picture (a little to the left of what is showing) is the River walk where the M/V Bright Field hit when she lost steering years ago. I had pictures of the damage.

Chris, yes it is Cave in Rock on the Ohio river.

Fossis,
I was able to ride on the City of Natchez years ago. If you work on the river and can prove it with the proper identification, you used to get a free 1 hour trip on her when she left the dock. I found out that the capt. on her at that time was a fellow that I knew named Findley. Small world out here. The Mississippi Queen was retired last year by the powers that be. She was the last 100% steam powered wooden hulled vessel left on the river. I had many pictures of her docked and underway. I hope they are not all lost.

Jerry,
Yep, that's the same old factory. Amazing that it is still there after all these years. (At least it still was the last time I was down in that area about 2 years ago.) Algiers is still not the best area in the world to be caught in, but Katrina cleaned out a lot of folks from New Orleans, so maybe not so bad now. I don't even think the Desire projects are there anymore. I know the ninth ward and seventh ward were wiped out. Bad, bad areas are you probably know. Louisiana's Leroux did a great song about New Orleans ladies.

I am very sorry for the pictures I can't show you guys. I could have posted different ones for a while. I really hope I have some of them saved on a cd at home and I will check when I get there.

john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions