Montana Hill Climb (Picture Heavy)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Mona Lisa was tired of homework so we set out to have an adventure. We had read about this quick day hike close to home and decided to check it out. Normally I shy away from too much work, but this hike was a little easier than it looked and we had a great time, making it to the top with no drama. We saw some bald eagles, white tail deer, and a few ravens. It was a balmy 19 degrees with a cloudless sky - it was perfect.

Crown Butte rises above the Montana prairie about 900 feet... it's a heck of a sight from the north face.

1.jpg

After a drive to the south west side we started the hike... here I stop to take a picture.

2.jpg

Lisa enjoys the view and a rest, actually, she was just waiting for me to catch up with her. I think we are about 600 feet up at this point.

3.jpg

A few more views as we continue to climb the trail.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Lisa climbed up a slope and took this picture of me...

6.jpg

... as I took a picture of her.

7.jpg

This is the last leg through the draw at the top, not wanting to take the easy path we opted for a steeper climb.

8.jpg

And finally... our hats made it to the top - here are our hats enjoying the view.

9.jpg

Thanks for looking.

racer117

Nov 7, 2009
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
At Pro ,Garrett Ace 250 ,150,Whites 6000DI.Tesoro DeLeon,Minelab XS and Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful pictures.Big sky country lives up to its name.Wish I was there!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
our hats ........ :D :D

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Great pics. Your temp. is a mite chilly but with the clear sky and dry mountain air it would be a great day for that kind
of fun. I'm glad you had your cameras along with you. Thanks for sharing.

Ray

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG so beautiful. I just stared at the pictures and felt like I was there. Thank you for sharing.

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread