Moon phases and detecting ?

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So it seems to me that moon phases change my results when metal detecting. I don't know which phase effects the detector the most but it seems when there is a near full moon I start getting good hits. I detect my yard on a weekly if not daily basis and I'm finding stuff in certain nights that I've gone over a hundred times. These signals are faint sometimes but are very clear other times. I think it's the fisherman in me but there is a magnetic aspect to the moon and a detector or the items in the ground could be altered. Any comments or tips would be great !

Upvote 0

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On some days, if a hole is dug all the dirt will not fill up the hole, some days it will. The phase of the moon is contributed with causing this..So since the soil is affected by the moon phase, it is reasonable to think that metal detecting might be affected.
There is an optimum time to go metal detecting...some know the time..some don't..
For those of you who want to know when the best time go metal detecting...here it comes.

The best time to go metal detecting...is...When you have time :laughing7:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger2 said:
On some days, if a hole is dug all the dirt will not fill up the hole, some days it will. The phase of the moon is contributed with causing this..So since the soil is affected by the moon phase, it is reasonable to think that metal detecting might be affected.
There is an optimum time to go metal detecting...some know the time..some don't..
For those of you who want to know when the best time go metal detecting...here it comes.

The best time to go metal detecting...is...When you have time :laughing7:

Lol....That's really pushing it there. There is no way the moon is affecting the amount of dirt you get back in the hole. It's simply caused by loosening the compacted soil and it not filling the voids when you put it back.

OP
OP
DangerDude

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People believe in all sorts of completely absurd nonsense.
It's a consequence of our schools teaching people how to take tests, rather than how to think critically.

There's a reason various 'institutions of BS' have such a disdain and resentment towards science.
Scientific rigor is what put a man on the moon, invented the car you drive, keeps the very computer in front of you running and communicating with the computer in front of me. Learning how to think scientifically is something you either learn or you don't but if you're in the minority who does, the world looks like an entirely different place to you than it does to people who believe in nonsense.

So, the first question is, what principles of operation utilized by a metal detector are potentially influenced by the forces created by moon phases?

First of all I didn't know that the science of metal detecting was a standard class in school. No one is suggesting the moon phase effects the MD, I am suggesting it might effect the ground and/or what's in it or the ground it self. If you could, explain to me why it is such a absurd concept....since your a expert in the scientific field MD.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe I will go metal detecting whenever I have the time to. I :censored: sure am not going to be checking on the phase of the moon ty! :skullflag:

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions